1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OK, I done did it!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by slothead, Jan 28, 2013.

1. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I finally ordered an E-PL5 as a backup to my E-M5. I really like the E-M5's tilting screen and of course the E-PL5 has that too (only better!). I have a sneaking suspicion that my wife will commandeer the E-PL5, but that's ok, she's actually a better fotog than I am at times. My only remaining qualm is that I will now be carrying another battery style and charger.

Anybody else out there using both the E-M5 and the E-PL5? And are there any tips on this combo?

2. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    I think the cable that goes to the wall from the charger is the same. If that's of any consolation for having to juggle between two different batteries.

3. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    Using E-M5 ans E-PM2 here and yeah, you need 2 sets or batteries but they are light and not too big. I bought the pen mini for my wife for Christmas but we didn't get the chance to go out with the two camera at the same time yet. I will probably put the P20 on the mini and the 45 on my E-M5. That will make a good team.

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I have both - it's a nice combo with the two bodies complimenting each other well. I tend to use the EPL5 with smaller lenses when I want to travel light and the OMD with longer lenses and/or situations where I'm really gonna want the full IBIS. Sometimes I'll take my LX7 as an all around cam and the EPL5 with the 17 f1.8 for low light as a good super light but versatile travel kit. Or both bodies and a few lenses for full fledged travel. I like a walk around travel kit with something like the 14-150 on one body and the 9-18 on the other, with a couple of fast primes in the bag for low light and street shooting.

-Ray

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I'm still a generation back: I have an E-P3 backed up by an E-Pl3. Same basic concept but I've been investing mostly in lenses. Someday I plan to move up. :cool:

6. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Have Faith Rev Bob :smile:

7. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego

Jeesh,Different batteries? bummer.
    How are the tilting screens different?I prefer the E-M5 tilt to the full articulation of the Panasonic's version.I don't take pictures of myself and it pops opens so quickly.