1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OK - Battery (Oly BLN-1)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by slothead, Aug 31, 2012.

1. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    OK all you smart guys and rumor mongers, when are we going to see Oly OM-D E-M5 spare batteries? Or are we gonna hafta buy another camera to get another batt? This is crazy!!!

2. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    My LCS has been told by their Oly rep that they were shipping this week and will arrive next week.

Unfortunately, he's been saying the same thing to them all summer. :eek: :frown:

3. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    You have to move fast when someone post information on them on here, ********** in NY had over 100 of them in and I posted that information on hereoner about a month ago. A person read my post about two weeks ago and ordered 2 batteries. ********** are now out of them and are on back order.

4. Firedogg

Firedogg Have cash, will spend

I heard that when B&H got their assignment of 100 batteries, they ran out in 3 days.

The rumor is that Asia is sucking the world dry.
    They seem to be getting first dibs on all the new stuff. (Heard from 2 local sources)

Australia won't be getting spare batteries til at least Christmas (9 months after the camera was released).

You can get them on Ebay, but prices start at US$109 :frown:

5. I think that I got lucky - I walked into a small camera store is Aus and there was one BLN-1 on the shelf. I had to pay an extortionate price to get it ($AUS99) but if that's the price I need to pay to make sure my E-M5 keeps running over a long day's shooting then I will pay it.

6. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    I had the same thing happen here in NY. Called some of the big guys, Adorama, B&H and no batteries. Stopped in a local camera shop near my office and they had 1. Charged me $69 USD for it (about $10 more than all the retailers that did NOT have it in stock)...
    RA