OIS at shutter half press on GX7

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by e_kjellgren, Feb 2, 2016.

1. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweden
    Hi

I recently enabled the stabilized view for when I half pressed the shutter release on my GX7.

Reading about the possible issues about this I want to disable this feature, but I just can't figure out what setting this is!!??

Please help!

/Evert

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, what are the issues?

3. manzoid

manzoid Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    You sure?

I thought only the 3/5 axis IBIS could be engaged through the viewfinder.... So an OLY only feature for m43

4. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweden
    Im pretty sure I activated something to enable IS (on the LCD?) when i half pressed the shutter. Maybe it was only an option for lens based IS?

5. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Are you talking about the IS on the OIS lens as opposed to the GX7 ibis? You can't see the ibis at work on the GX7 because it only activates when the shot is taken. However when you use an OIS lens like the 14-42ii which I just spend the afternoon with on my week old, used gx7, you can see the stabilization while you half press the shutter. I was not aware there was an option to turn it off. I've literally just arrived so i'll try to look into it after my dinner.

6. Generationfourth

Generationfourth Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2015
    Great question, what about on the GX8?

7. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I just quickly went over the menu twice, and could not find any such option. You can turn on and turn off the OIS but I can't find anything to turn on or off the stabilized view when half pressing the shutter button.

Unless it's hidden somewhere, like how you need to look into the EVF first to access the evf settings in the menu, which took me a while to find, I don't think there is such an option.

8. Generationfourth

Generationfourth Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2015
    I couldn't find anything either. What if you used a combo of half press release and back button focusing?