OI Share problems with E-M1 since v2.0 firmware update

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Yohan Pamudji, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Before the v2.0 firmware I was able to use OI Share without problems. After v2.0 I see the following behavior:

- Powering off camera from OI Share works, so it looks like the wifi connection is fine.

- Import Photos only shows videos.

- Remote Control shows some dimmed out controls on the screen and no live view. When I hit the back button the app locks up and quits.

I tried resetting the wifi settings on the camera and forgetting the wifi and still get the same results.

This is on Android 4.4. Anybody seeing the same thing and/or have any ideas how to fix this?

2. Yycdave

Yycdave Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2014
    As far as the Import Photos are you shooting JPEG or RAW? RAW shots will not appear in Import.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yohan Pamudji

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    RAW. So that explains that.

Unfortunately the main reason I want to use it is live view, and that's not working. Just found a thread over on DPR that suggests Android 4.4 might be the culprit. I tested OI Share on 2 devices running Android 4.4 and both lock up in live view. Tested it again on my wife's phone running Android 4.3 and it works fine.

4. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2, and firmware 2.0 on the E-M1.
    It all works perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yohan Pamudji

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Argh, foiled again. So that's not it either.

6. Yohan Pamudji

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Turns out problem was LastPass interfering with OI Share. Per Bob Felice's review of OI Share on Google Play:

Did what he said and it works now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.