Ohio Village Revisited

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by gryphon1911, Jun 2, 2014.

1. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    One of my favorite places to visit, as it is always changing is the Ohio Village at the Ohio History Center in Columbus OH.

The village is setup to give a perspective of life in a "typical" Ohio town in the 1860's.

My wife and daughter had never been there before and this weekend was perfect weather to introduce them to the town. We even got lucky enough to see a wedding being conducted there at the village church.

For this series of images, I used the Olympus OMD EM5 with the Oly 17/1.8. I also had the HLD-6 grip on hanging from a Black Rapid strap.
    Post processing was done in Lightroom and I used onOne Perfect B&W (ambrotype).

The village has docents and "residents". Docents are regular volunteers that help you understand the history from a modern perspective, while the "residents" stay in character to someone who would have lived in that village at the time. The first 2 images are residents that decided to watch as the wedding processional left the church. Everyone was watching because the bagpipes drew you in!!

[​IMG]Lady Waiting by gryphon1911 [A.Live], on Flickr

[​IMG]Lodging House Owner by gryphon1911 [A.Live], on Flickr

I just saw this and thought it would make for a different shot.
    [​IMG]Lemons In The Window by gryphon1911 [A.Live], on Flickr

This image reminded me of my families new favorite show "Once Upon A Time". Jefferson's (The Mad Hatter's) Portal Hat.
    [​IMG]The Hat by gryphon1911 [A.Live], on Flickr
    • Like Like x 4