Ohhh the oakey cokey..

damianmkv

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Over the years I’ve been in and out of various camera systems. I started with a Nikon dslr and had a few upgrades ( and many lenses ) before going to m43 ( and even more lenses ), then back to Nikon with a few Fuji x-series thrown in…

Last year I returned to m43 with just one body ( em10.2 ) and just one lens ( p12-32 ). Then came another lens..and another.. you know the story.

So now I have the S7.5FR, p12-32, O17 f1.8, P20 f1.7, O45 f1.8 and O40-150R.

and a d500 + 35 f1.8, 16-80, 70-300

oh, and a d600 + 50 f1.8

The Nikons get used for automotive shots ( moving and detail ), drag racing and motorsport. M43 for travel.

I’m getting to the point where I need to sort out this irrational hobby and reduce my cameras but I guess this is everyone’s dilemma. What goes ?

I keep returning to m43 as it’s easy, light and with great IQ in good light. But my 10.2 is getting long in the tooth and the noise sets in pretty early when the sun drops.

I probably use the Nikon 35 and 70-300 once a year, if that.

So I’m considering jumping again. Selling my m43, the above 2 lenses and my d600 and getting a Nikon z6 + FTZ adapter. In theory it will cost me almost nothing.

Has anyone used the Nikon Z series ? Any comments good or bad…

sorry for the ramble…

MarcioK

Mu-43 Regular
Try one more thing before jumping out of m43 only because of noise: the recent noise reduction specialized softwares.

I've got the Topaz Denoise AI, and I was blown away - I'm even restoring from the cloud some concert pictures that I've deleted because of noise. Some interior shots that I've made for an architect friend were barely usable besides social media, an after processed in the software, noise is much lower and (more impressive) the details of the shots are MUCH clearer.

damianmkv

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thank you. I have considered this but I don’t have a PC or laptop at home, only iPads. I’m not sure if there is a version of Denoise for mobile ?

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Look, keep the Olympus gear.
Sell the Nikon crap.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom