Oh sh*t, my OM-D Died........

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm sure glad that this is one camera that I bought new! I think I'll go make sure that I got it registered properly!

Jman

Mu-43 Veteran
The sky isn't falling, people. Premature shutter failures happen on EVERY camera from EVERY manufacturer. They're not common, but they will happen from time to time. Even on something top grade like a Nikon D4 or Canon 1D X. There will be the odd unit that has a very early shutter failure.

Olympus will fix it under warranty and that will be that. Sucks, but it's not like this is happening with a ton of E-M5s.

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Classic Forum Panic Syndrome - there will be problems with every camera released, ever. All the internet has done is make it easier for people to find examples of said problems. You don't tend to hear about the folks who are just out shooting the stuff.

Still sucks, but it's a straight up warrantee issue.

metalbernd

Mu-43 Regular
The camera is back to the store and they will sent it to Olympus Portugal, the camera is gone for at least 4 weeks.

mowog6000

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Pat bailey
For weeks stinks IMO as soon as they inspect it and find out it was a flaw they should send you a new one IMO It's just good pr.

marklikesit

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark Soon
Too bad it's not like the Apple store, where if something goes wrong, they replace it on the spot or they do a 24 hr turnaround. 4 week without the om-d is torture.

Mikefellh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Classic Forum Panic Syndrome - there will be problems with every camera released, ever. All the internet has done is make it easier for people to find examples of said problems.

And you hear a lot right now about the EM5 because it's a new model that is very popular.

cd23murray

Mu-43 Regular
Too bad it's not like the Apple store, where if something goes wrong, they replace it on the spot or they do a 24 hr turnaround. 4 week without the om-d is torture.

or after several weeks of bad pr they give you a case for your bad reception

their service and support aren't always that great, at least in my experience

metalbernd

Mu-43 Regular
Update, Super Service from my dealer, they give me a OM-D for loan. So I can use this until my own camera is repaired.

metalbernd

Mu-43 Regular
No, they have some more OM-D's for testing facilities, They say that I can borrow it for the time, I find that a very good service.

So I can take my shot's.................OM-D junky.

Latest threads

Top Bottom