1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Official "Waiting for my EM1" Thread

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ThomD, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I placed my order this morning. Mid October where are you?

2. utahlasvegas

utahlasvegas Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    does anyone have the kit available yet for preorder?

3. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Not in the US that I can find. Strictly al a carte right now.

4. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Lindsay
    I should have my E-M1 early October.

5. Blotzphoto

Blotzphoto Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Lou Doench
    I don't need an E-M1, but I'm saving up for that lens!

6. JYPfoto

JYPfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Couldn't wait and don't want to end up on a long wait list so pre-ordered from 3 different places (B&H, Amazon, and Olympus). The first two I ordered body + lens, with Olympus just body since they didn't have the lens option available.

I'll keep the pre-order that ships first and cancel the other 2.

7. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i want to want that lens
    it seems so nice
    but i really think the tiny primes have snagged me
    until oly comes out with a 12-25 f1.4 :) it can be asbig as this 12-40, or even a lil bit bigger.. im fine with that ;)

THEN ill go back to zooms... hehehe

8. gotak

gotak Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Toronto
    There's no kit pre-order available in Canada yet is there? For me that's what I'd want to get but so far nothing. The new 12-40 would be great for when you can't swap lenses or travel. Also if it proves to be good would remove any desire for me to get the expensive 12 f2.0.

9. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I preorderd as well..I just can't believe no Kit option in the states.

10. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    waiting on the kit then will sell off my panny 12-35 I hope :)

I can wait and save the $200

but I had it in the cart and thought should I get it now in case its in short supply ? arrgghhhhhhhh

I hate these decisions :) hahahah most likely should have ordered it last night and now to late to get a good place on the pre order place ?

hoping its not all are gone for months unless you want to pay a $200 premium ?

11. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I pre-ordered the body only from B&H this morning along with the 60mm macro, lens hood, eye cup and battery grip. They're saying about October 4 for the EM-1. Batteries are back-ordered.

At the time I ordered (2 AM EST), there was no mention of the rebate for the MMF-3 or wireless flash. I called B&H to see if it was too late to add to the order and they said it was. I ordered the MMF-3 anyway.

12. DWhite

DWhite Mu-43 Regular

Jun 23, 2013
    David
    I went ahead and pre-ordered the 12-40 f/2.8 lens at 11:02pm local time (2 minutes after the pre-order links went life on B&H). So I hope I'm early in the queue.

Gotta say that I'm pumped and anxious. Until then I'm afraid I'll have to photograph the fall colors with my O12-50, P20, and O45 (not that the primes in particular are bad lenses; but the Pro-level zoom sure would be nice!)

If I was richer I would have also ordered the EM-1. But as I already own the EM-5, I thought the Pro glass would be a better investment with more limited funds.

13. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I am going to wait for a kit version. I really want the lens and I was in the market for a second body.

14. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

I've pre-ordered the EM-1 body only, I'd love the new f2.8 lens and body kit but it is outside my available budget and I already have a black 12-50 so no point ordering that kit version.

I was going to order just the f2.8 lens but none of the local Olympus dealers have the f2.8 12-40 available for pre-order by itself without the EM-1 body and I've already arranged to sell my EM-5 so I needed another body.

My spare Nikon DSLR and my EM-5 will fund the new body so I shouldn't be out of pocket much.

15. francis_a

francis_a Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2013
    Derry, NH
    Francis
    I wish I have your problem on ordering the E-M1 + 12-40. It has to be a-la-carte here in the U.S. I ordered the E-M1 with the hopes that if I buy the 12-40 separately, that Oly will offer the $200 rebate.

16. jaomul

jaomul Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2013
    Got a spec sheet from local shop today. Looks nice, although Ming Thein quoted it could do 50+ raws in a burst, it can do 20 in low speed and 15 in high

17. lombardispot

lombardispot Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2013
    There is effectively a "kit" in the USA. If you buy the EM-1 and the 12-40 2.8 Pro, there's a rebate offer from Olympus that provides what I hear is a $200 rebate. This is what I am doing.

I happened to be one of the first on the list at Keeble and Schuchat in Palo Alto, so I'll be in the first wave of users. Yeah!

This will be my first m4/3rd experience.

18. MxZAE

MxZAE New to Mu-43

Sep 24, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I'm definitely digging how the built-in grip looks on the EM1!

19. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I preordered my EM1 and the 12-50 f2.8. I'm well aware the lens may not show up till December, but there is a fair chance the body may show up next week if all goes perfectly. I'd love to slap on the 45mm f1.8 and the 75-300 for some last minute fall colors. If it doesn't come next week I'll likely be too late. Oh well. I sold my EM5 to get this so no body to work with right now.:rolleyes:

20. jpark1982

jpark1982 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2013
    Got word that my E-M1 is en route for delivery tomorrow!