Official Panasonic LX100 image thread!

Talanis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Eric Cote
Here is a first one.
p723475389-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Talanis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Eric Cote
So far so good :) I will have a better chance to test it over the weekend. Thanks to Tosvus, I can open the RAW in Lightroom now. :)

rojas73

Mu-43 Rookie
So far so good :) I will have a better chance to test it over the weekend. Thanks to Tosvus, I can open the RAW in Lightroom now. :)

hello Talanis.

first of all amazing shoot!!!
Please could you tell me how open the LX100 raw in lightroom?

thanks a lot

RemiBureau

Mu-43 Rookie
Hey Eric, I haven't seen any LX100 in stock in any Canadian store, did you order from B&H or another US store? did you get hit with customs fees? The CAN$ prices are a but weird on this camera. They're usually pretty close to the USD price, but not for the LX100 (200$ more!)

And by the way, I'm so jealous!

It's nice to see you don't have any of the AF problems reported so far.

rojas73

Mu-43 Rookie
AF problems? could you speak about it? I did not read anything about it

thanks

Talanis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Eric Cote
Hey Eric, I haven't seen any LX100 in stock in any Canadian store, did you order from B&H or another US store? did you get hit with customs fees? The CAN$ prices are a but weird on this camera. They're usually pretty close to the USD price, but not for the LX100 (200$ more!)

And by the way, I'm so jealous!

It's nice to see you don't have any of the AF problems reported so far.

Remi, I ordered from B&H. You just have to be careful to select Purolator for delivery and select B&H Custom Clearance. This way, B&H collect the TPS (no TVQ to pay ;)) and charge some fees for brokerage, handling, etc. Basically, I paid 12$ of shipping, around 10$ of fees and 45$ of TPS. Total was 965.49$US which, even with the currency exchange, is below the sale price before the taxes in Canada. I'm used to order from B&H because nobody sells Micro 4/3 in Sherbrooke and the Canon dealer is close also now. There is one store selling mostly Nikon and some other things from time to time but they try hard to push you Nikon stuff. On the accessories (SD card for example), they are way overpriced. So if I need something, I have to go to Montreal (2 hours drive) or I order from B&H and receive it at my door 2 days later (sometimes 3 days). :)

rojas73, I think the "AF problems" were more user related than camera related.

sgreszcz

Mu-43 Veteran
Official video thread too? ;)

[video=vimeo;111127692]https://vimeo.com/111127692[/video]

Really nice image! (And pyjamas?).

Torn between this and seeing what Olympus brings to the table with the rumoured em5 replacement.

It is getting harder to resist the lx100 though...

How is the ois stabilisation with video?

RemiBureau

Mu-43 Rookie
Rojas73 on another thread here, a couple users said that they would probably return theirs because the AF, while fast, was inaccurate.
There was some debate whether it was a user problem, a faulty camera problem, or a generalized "bug" of the lx100.
Since at least we know that Talanis got a good copy, I guess we can rule out the last scenario.

So either a user problem or some copies have problems with AF accuracy

RemiBureau

Mu-43 Rookie
Remi, I ordered from B&H. You just have to be careful to select Purolator for delivery and select B&H Custom Clearance. This way, B&H collect the TPS (no TVQ to pay ;)) and charge some fees for brokerage, handling, etc. Basically, I paid 12$ of shipping, around 10$ of fees and 45$ of TPS. Total was 965.49$US which, even with the currency exchange, is below the sale price before the taxes in Canada. I'm used to order from B&H because nobody sells Micro 4/3 in Sherbrooke and the Canon dealer is close also now. There is one store selling mostly Nikon and some other things from time to time but they try hard to push you Nikon stuff. On the accessories (SD card for example), they are way overpriced. So if I need something, I have to go to Montreal (2 hours drive) or I order from B&H and receive it at my door 2 days later (sometimes 3 days). :)

rojas73, I think the "AF problems" were more user related than camera related.

Gotcha. I almost purchased it yesterday from B&H, but the exchange rate stopped me.
I estimated a 1.18 including the bank fees, and it added up with the shipping at almost the same price as Henry's.
At that point, I though that any warrantee issues would be easier to resolve within Canada (does Pana have North American warranty or US warranty?)

But waiting is hard!

tosvus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Rojas73 on another thread here, a couple users said that they would probably return theirs because the AF, while fast, was inaccurate.
There was some debate whether it was a user problem, a faulty camera problem, or a generalized "bug" of the lx100.
Since at least we know that Talanis got a good copy, I guess we can rule out the last scenario.

I will say that for each observation I have seen about bad focusing abilities, I can count at least 5 opinions that state focusing is good to great. I don't think there is much to worry about, but I will certainly test more when I get my camera tomorrow. It may depend on how it is set up, how it is used, and perhaps not realistic expectations. For pictures, mirror less should be accurate (but not necessarily fast, though cameras like the lx100 is improving), but generally not as good at focus tracking as a dslr that uses phase detection. Same goes for video - most mirror-less will do some "focus pumping" when acquiring focus, meaning that it will go from out of focus to in focus, and often a bit out again, before nailing it. This is to verify that it hits focus properly. Not very pretty for video though. In general, it seems for video at least, people who are used to GH3 and GH4 are happy with the focusing. If you come from a dedicated camcorder or a smaller sensor camera with a slower lens (compared to if you use the lx100 at say aperture 1.7), more tends to stay in focus, so you will have less focus problems. Similarly for pictures, if you come from a DSLR, sports photography is a dicey proposition with any mirrorless camera.

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Gustav
hey where is all the PHOTOS in "the official panasonic lx100 thread" :) I want to see portraits, people, landscape. not a brick wall or some test shots of some ugly thing in the closet. photos! :) smiley *2

penfan2010

Mu-43 All-Pro

I've had no focus problems with my LX-100. Lots of indoor test shots mostly, so will post proper images over the weekend.

Talanis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Eric Cote
hey where is all the PHOTOS in "the official panasonic lx100 thread" :) I want to see portraits, people, landscape. not a brick wall or some test shots of some ugly thing in the closet. photos! :) smiley *2

Cats and dogs too? :p

p822819209-5.jpg

The other two are JPEG SooC. That was before I learned how to use the raw in Lightroom

p938389808-5.jpg

p548673213-5.jpg

rojas73

Mu-43 Rookie

thanks !! please would you put here the link to the debate? I do not find it

thanks again

Latest threads

Top Bottom