Official Panasonic LX100 image thread :))

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys:smile:
    Panasonic Lx100 is an feather in MFT cap and gonna change the whole concept of MFT. It's something people wished since very long . If anyone has managed to get the camera , please start sharing pics :2thumbs::2thumbs:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Except it's NOT a Micro 4/3 camera, any more than the Olympus E-1 is. It's a fixed lens camera with a 4/3 sensor. The camera has exactly nothing to do with the Micro 4/3 spec - which defines a specific class of interoperability around a lens mount that happens to cover the 4/3 image circle - which, BTW, the LX100's lens doesn't. It would be no different to call the Panasonic FZ1000 a Nikon 1 system camera.

3. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    I'm sure there is a section in the forum where it would be ok to have a thread like this. I think a lot of MFT users will buy this as a secondary camera, and while I agree the fact you can't change lenses technically invalidates it, I find it valuable to have a thread to see the quality that can be achieved / situations where it comes in handy.

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I'm fine with discussing it here - I just think it should be in a section devoted to synergistic cameras that are not part of the system, rather than within the same area as system cameras. I think it's just as reasonable to discuss other fixed lens cameras like the Sony RX100 and RX10, Panasonic FZ1000, Olympus XZ-2 and Stylus 1, etc., all of which might be viable alternatives for folks, within a section like that - I'd propose that it go into the "This or That" section of the forum

5. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    Im a future owner of this camera and a current owner of a gx7 and I approved this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

• Like Like x 3
  6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    But you're from Iowa. You guys just like to vote early.

7. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Some images here: http://www.eoshd.com/2014/09/panasonic-lx100-first-impressions-review-4k-footage/

"I hesitate to call the LX100 a ‘compact’ because about the only thing it shares with a traditional compact is size. The performance of the LX100 and image quality makes it worth thinking twice about taking snaps on an iPhone. The sensor is DSLR-class, the EVF mirrorless class and the lens frankly a class of its own. If sold separately for Micro Four Thirds it would be a premium offering with a premium price. I found the performance of the Leica zoom to be superb, in keeping with the recent Panasonic-Leica 15mm F1.7 for Micro Four Thirds it is pin sharp wide open and offers punchy colour. Bokeh is pronounced and creamy."

• Like Like x 1
  8. val

val Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Australia
    William
    It has a M43 sensor in the camera but doesn't use the full sensor.

I still think it's M43.

I know once I get my hands on it that I'll be posting pics here, definitely want to try a close up at 17mm f1.7

9. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    It's a 4/3 sensor. What makes a camera with a 4/3 sensor into a Micro 4/3 camera is compliance with the Micro 4/3 interoperability spec - which is mostly about the lens mount and the way specific lens data is communicated between the lens and the camera. None of which is relevant to the LX100.

10. broody

broody Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Here's a small gallery from Leica with its D-Lux sibling.

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Compact-Cameras/Leica-D-Lux-Typ-109/Image

We don't have high-res images, nor EXIF data or anything like that to go on. But it looks good, frame seems evenly sharp, bokeh looks nice, very flare resistant and no aberrations I could tell from this distance. Good job from Panasonic. Oh, and if those are JPEGs, the skin tones are amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Bring it on guys

13. monowav

monowav Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Jake
    Well I just ordered one and it should be in tomorrow!