Official Panasonic G9 Image thread.

oly75

New to Mu-43
Looking for spring colour. G9 w oly 60mm macro
60E7F77A-CF39-489D-BAAF-AECF11F574ED.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim

AlterKnabe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Walter
The Nile Goose has become very common in Germany.
No wonder. They multiply rapidly.
P1001070_DxO-kleiner.jpg
P1001073_DxO-kleiner.jpg

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
another garden shot yesterday , love the camera just cant get my head round the dim EVF .
View attachment 819822 the squarwk by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr
Have you adjusted it? The viewfinder on the G9 is excellent. I shoot a lot into the sun when speed in subject acquisition and tracking can be an issue, and have never had a problem with brightness. This was made on Sept 21st in the afternoon (sun halfway between summer and winter) shooting almost straight South on a very bright day. You can see the glare and how brightly lit the tire smoke is. To add to that I wear glasses with transition lenses. In these conditions it's like shooting through sunglasses. The viewfinder has never presented a problem.

48778640367_6f2068fd27_h.jpg
P1026203 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

blackfox wildlife

Mu-43 Regular
I tried a friends one this morning just in case mine was faulty .. both the same dont get me wrong the images are superb ,but the evf compared to the olympus is to put mildly total rubbish .I will be phoning the retailer tomorrow to see what I can do .even the g80 I had before was better than this

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
I tried a friends one this morning just in case mine was faulty .. both the same dont get me wrong the images are superb ,but the evf compared to the olympus is to put mildly total rubbish .I will be phoning the retailer tomorrow to see what I can do .even the g80 I had before was better than this
LOL. If you say so.

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
yes I do say . have some respect please
Then please stop being ridiculous. The viewfinder is not total rubbish. It may not live up to your expectations, it may be dimmer than you'd like, but your response appears to be based more on the fact that someone disagreed with you than substance. I asked a question and pointed out that I sometimes use the camera in extreme lighting conditions. Your response was that the EVF is total rubbish. Now, we all know that isn't true. And it fact, you neve even answered the question. Please, be respectful, indeed.

blackfox wildlife

Mu-43 Regular
Then please stop being ridiculous. The viewfinder is not total rubbish. It may not live up to your expectations, it may be dimmer than you'd like, but your response appears to be based more on the fact that someone disagreed with you than substance. I asked a question and pointed out that I sometimes use the camera in extreme lighting conditions. Your response was that the EVF is total rubbish. Now, we all know that isn't true. And it fact, you neve even answered the question. Please, be respectful, indeed.
well after posting earlier I was at the point of contacting the shop tomorrow to get a return on it . but I sat down and did a full reset then input my settings once more (exactly the same ones) and surprisingly its cured it EVF is now normal and bright .. totally no idea what the problem was just glad its now fingers crossed sorted out .it was driving me insane as I really could not figure out the problem . but I knew something wasn't right .

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
well after posting earlier I was at the point of contacting the shop tomorrow to get a return on it . but I sat down and did a full reset then input my settings once more (exactly the same ones) and surprisingly its cured it EVF is now normal and bright .. totally no idea what the problem was just glad its now fingers crossed sorted out .it was driving me insane as I really could not figure out the problem . but I knew something wasn't right .
Maybe you can try to reproduce the problem so you know what to do in the future if it seems out of whack.
Knowing what setting it was that caused it could also help others who see the same thing!
I would think that there is a brightness setting for he EVF that got changed somehow.
Good that you solved your problem and can enjoy your camera again.

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
Glad you got it sorted.

blackfox wildlife

Mu-43 Regular

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Sergei
PG9G3297 copy.jpg
PG9G3193 copy.jpg
PG9G3271 copy.jpg
PG9G3206 copy.jpg
PG9G3103 copy.jpg

AlterKnabe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Walter
View to a kill - the death cry of the victim still echoes in my ears. Sparrowhawk had chased a sparrow in a flash.

P1001258_1280px.jpg

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Sergei
60/2,8

PG9G3390 copy.jpg
PG9G3382 copy.jpg
PG9G3366 copy.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom