Official Panasonic G9 Image thread.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A few shots from my nightly strolls. Well, they're a bit more physical than strolls, but anyway.........................
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei
7-14/4

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Ok, G9 shooters I have a question for you...what the heck is the yellow ball in my image? When I took the photo I did not notice anything as I was concentrating on the shrub but when I got home and was processing my images it popped right out. At first I thought it was a lens flare but ruled that out after examining it closer. I tried inverting the image colors and whatever it is appears to me to be solid? I don't have a clue. The shots before and after this one do not contain the yellow ball. Weird. Anyone else experienced this? Maybe I captured a UFO and did not know it? The partial moon was behind me and the sun was to my east. The location was in an isolated rural area in south Texas. Two days later I drove back out there to examine the scene and I saw nothing that would have been there when I took the photo.
GQR

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
It's pretty fuzzy and I can't really zoom in enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe a balloon, but could be the sun glinting off something in the sky. Did you have a lens hood on? A filter? Maybe not flare as much as a reflection of the sun, maybe a reflection of the sun between the lens and filter?

I dunno.

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
somebody's kite or an escaped balloon?
Don't think it is a kite, possibly a balloon, maybe? If it were some sort of balloon it would have had to travel a far distance. Your guess is as good as mine. Thanks.

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
It's pretty fuzzy and I can't really zoom in enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe a balloon, but could be the sun glinting off something in the sky. Did you have a lens hood on? A filter? Maybe not flare as much as a reflection of the sun, maybe a reflection of the sun between the lens and filter?

I dunno.
I was using the Panasonic/Leica 12-60/2.8-4 lens with a lens hood. I was not using a filter maybe somehow a reflection from inside the lens? I really don't know. I have never had this happen before and I have shot a lot of images. Thanks for your thoughts.

stratokaster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Pavel
I think this is an actual physical object - it's roughly as blurred as the trees in the back, it's lighter on top and darker at the bottom because it casts a shadow on itself. I don't know of any possible phenomena inside the lens that would produce the same effects.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
I think this is an actual physical object - it's roughly as blurred as the trees in the back, it's lighter on top and darker at the bottom because it casts a shadow on itself. I don't know of any possible phenomena inside the lens that would produce the same effects.
Agree with the blurring, but if you look closely the shadowed area looks to be a duplicate of the original overlapped about halfway, but grey instead of yellow. Or, could that be a shadow on the clouds behind it?

I would have been facing south, maybe slightly southeast.
Adds to the reflection off the lens theory, but the color/shadow thing has me wondering.

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei

AlterKnabe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Walter
G9 with PL 100-400. From RW2 "processed to my taste" with DXO Photo Lab 3, cropped a bit.
I still think, a lens with such a name and price tag should be a bit sharper at 400mm :inlove:

But may be my expectations are too high for handheld shots, even with Dual-IS :doh:
Or I simply should stop pixel-peeping :whistling:

P1001448_DxO_1920px.jpg

P1001470_DxO-1920px.jpg

Angel Calderon

New to Mu-43

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom