Official Panasonic G9 Image thread.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Saw some road rage.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These blokes seemed to be having a lot of fun. On various budgets

And the pedaling boobie :)

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Few from a little drive in the country
rows.jpg
treehouse.jpg
no closer.jpg

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
The polished tank Enfields are beautiful. For sure. If I was looking for a new bike, probably be my pick. Getting old & slow enough to appreciate one I think :)
My last one was a Harley Road King. It got to the point that every time I took it out I felt like they were aiming for me. I gave it up. If I were to do it again it'd probably be a Bonneville or an older Triumph 650.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
I've a pair of Triumphs, but if the garage was empty and I was buying a bike, those Enfield Interceptors would be high on my list. I've nothing to prove re the current trend for 150+hp and racing ride positions.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
All the fun of the fair. I'm actually really surprised at how little the number of people there are in the shots. Something to do with ultrawide I'd say.
Oh, & pretty easy to get 1 second exposures. Surprisingly so

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Five minute photo walk on the way to work
And yes, these are all over processed, saturated etc on purpose, lol. Pretty dull lighting, so I tried to jazz them up a bit.

Last edited:

say_doyster

Mu-43 Rookie
Speedy - really terrific images from the fair - first rate. I keep going back for a look.

Saladin - really like your processing that transforms dull, lifeless light into interpretive art. It just works for my eye in the vast majority of circumstances.

Thanks to you both for posting!!

RaymondB

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Raymond Bong

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
Here's a photo with the G9. And some video using the Animal Detect AF at Moss Landing in the early morning. A lot of BIF video shots as well as tracking costal birds and seals.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My favourite kind of lens testing. Throw the camera in the backpack, & pedal off. Great fun.

say_doyster

Mu-43 Rookie
Here's a photo with the G9. And some video using the Animal Detect AF at Moss Landing in the early morning. A lot of BIF video shots as well as tracking costal birds and seals.
View attachment 791033

I am not a wildlife shooter - no BIF experience to speak of - just a deer in the woods on occasion and a seagull here and there.

That said, I still very much like to look at all the amazing photos that people with experience and talent post on the various forums. As regards the G9, it seemed that a consensus was forming that it was not up to the task. And if I am not mistaken, Toxic, while you seem to really enjoy the G9, you did have some frustrations/reservations with it previously about using it to capture birds in flight (and perhaps other wildlife, I don't remember now). It seems, however, from your video that things may have improved?? Is it the latest firmware, improved technique and experience or have you just learned to work around any tech limitations you have discovered? As a G9 owner, I truly value your insight on how you have created such great imagery with it....

BTW, the video is magnificent - thanks for posting your work and sharing your experiences - very enjoyable!!

Darmok N Jalad

Mu-43 Regular
G9 was named the runner up on DPreviews “most improved camera” for 2019. I would agree that it has seen some improvements with 2.0, but I had only owned mine for a month or so before the update came out, so my frame of reference isn’t that many shots.

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
I am not a wildlife shooter - no BIF experience to speak of - just a deer in the woods on occasion and a seagull here and there.

That said, I still very much like to look at all the amazing photos that people with experience and talent post on the various forums. As regards the G9, it seemed that a consensus was forming that it was not up to the task. And if I am not mistaken, Toxic, while you seem to really enjoy the G9, you did have some frustrations/reservations with it previously about using it to capture birds in flight (and perhaps other wildlife, I don't remember now). It seems, however, from your video that things may have improved?? Is it the latest firmware, improved technique and experience or have you just learned to work around any tech limitations you have discovered? As a G9 owner, I truly value your insight on how you have created such great imagery with it....

BTW, the video is magnificent - thanks for posting your work and sharing your experiences - very enjoyable!!
Thank you for your insight and question. I've never been a wildlife shooter until I got the G9 and telephoto lenses in mid 2018. I've been working at learning wildlife techniques as well as animal behavior and migration seasons for specific wildlife. And getting visual inspiration from the online photos/video.

As for the Lumix G9 and the 100-300 II thatI mostly use for wildlife, I'd say the firmware did help with a lot of video features. And the Animal Detect AF did improve the AFC for wildlife video more than it did for photo. But there are so many ways to focus with so many techniques and the G9 does deliver the accuracy focusing when needed and if the optimal technique was implemented based on the user's ability and preference.

Thus, I'm still new at wildlife. And the ability to shoot video in 4K without using a tripod is something that is great for 4K wildlife video. Nevertheless, almost all the video I shoot is hand held and at those long super-tele lengths a mono or tripod would improve the video quality. Anyway, my 2020 NewYear's resolution is to use a monopod for the 100-300mm lens.

Wish you all the best.

AlterKnabe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Walter
Walking with obstacles.
G9 with Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15 mm /F1.7
Wearing rubber boots would have been fine, instead of our lightweight hiking boots :(

say_doyster

Mu-43 Rookie
Thank you for your insight and question. I've never been a wildlife shooter until I got the G9 and telephoto lenses in mid 2018. I've been working at learning wildlife techniques as well as animal behavior and migration seasons for specific wildlife. And getting visual inspiration from the online photos/video.

As for the Lumix G9 and the 100-300 II thatI mostly use for wildlife, I'd say the firmware did help with a lot of video features. And the Animal Detect AF did improve the AFC for wildlife video more than it did for photo. But there are so many ways to focus with so many techniques and the G9 does deliver the accuracy focusing when needed and if the optimal technique was implemented based on the user's ability and preference.

Thus, I'm still new at wildlife. And the ability to shoot video in 4K without using a tripod is something that is great for 4K wildlife video. Nevertheless, almost all the video I shoot is hand held and at those long super-tele lengths a mono or tripod would improve the video quality. Anyway, my 2020 NewYear's resolution is to use a monopod for the 100-300mm lens.

Wish you all the best.
Thanks for the update and info. While I do use my G9's for all types of personal walk-abouts and such, I really am not well versed in its full range of capabilities. I use it professionally in studio, mostly with hi-rez capture. I really need to dig in and learn more about this amazing tool - especially the new video capabilities. Keep up the great work, it is always enjoyable to see what you are up to!

B

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom