Official Panasonic G9 Image thread.

Erik Umans

New to Mu-43
I can't stop shooting pictures. I blame it on the G9.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A visit to 75 year liberation of Mechelen (Begium).

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
King cotton plant close-up taken with a G9 and Panasonic 25/1.7 lens.
GR

swifty

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave

say_doyster

New to Mu-43
Hey swifty, joined just to see if your image is a tease or did you actually receive the 10-25 f1.7? Love to hear feedback. Looking forward to contributing to the forum myself!!

swifty

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
Hi say_doyster,
Not a tease. I managed to get myself one but I’ve been really busy so I’ve only managed a few shots so far.
I won’t say too much just yet but only that initial impressions are extremely positive.
I’ll post a bit more once I’ve had the chance to use it properly.
But feel free to ask anything in the mean time and I’ll try to answer it best I can.

say_doyster

New to Mu-43
Thanks swifty, no special questions, just a sense from the tech info that it may well be a great lens for a variety of both motion and still applications. Probably the biggest curiosity is the sharpness and light fall off as you approach the outer edges of the frame, but that may vary a bit from copy to copy. Looking forward to your experience and commentary! Hope you enjoy it...

Darmok N Jalad

Mu-43 Regular
I was thinking of migrating away from m43, but finding this forum has changed my mind. The problem I now have is that I'm now building a new wish list, and the G9 is now on it. Still, there's something to be said for the portability of this form factor. My last outing I had my G85 and 2 additional lenses in my pockets and didn't notice the weight despite a lot of walking in hot weather. That's really hard to give up, especially with the results I'm seeing here!

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bo
I was thinking of migrating away from m43, but finding this forum has changed my mind. The problem I now have is that I'm now building a new wish list, and the G9 is now on it. Still, there's something to be said for the portability of this form factor. My last outing I had my G85 and 2 additional lenses in my pockets and didn't notice the weight despite a lot of walking in hot weather. That's really hard to give up, especially with the results I'm seeing here!
Welcome to the forum!
This is a friendly and helpful place, the only price we ask for that is to see your pictures. 😎

GAS is something we all struggle with, I have the G80 (G85) and I am trying to convince myself that as long the camera don't limit my photography I don't need a new , bigger, one. (So far I have succeeded.)

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Welcome to the forum!
This is a friendly and helpful place, the only price we ask for that is to see your pictures. 😎

GAS is something we all struggle with, I have the G80 (G85) and I am trying to convince myself that as long the camera don't limit my photography I don't need a new , bigger, one. (So far I have succeeded.)
Yeah, BosseBe continues to lie to himself, it's only a matter of time though!

Darmok N Jalad

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! I have posted a few of my samples in various places here. Mostly in the sample lens categories. I don't have many sweeping vistas where I live, but I still do my best to get out and shoot. I think the first thing I'll do is build a proper lens collection and then maybe pull the trigger (shutter?) on the G9.

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Yeah, the time it takes for me to learn so much that the camera limits me, that will take a very long time, or if it breaks down.
BTW, if I want a bigger camera, I just put on the battery grip! ;)
You got it all wrong. It has nothing to do with what you need, your talent, or your knowledge of your equipment. It's all about...Yeah!

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bo
You got it all wrong. It has nothing to do with what you need, your talent, or your knowledge of your equipment. It's all about...Yeah!
Ooh, it is not that I don't have GAS for something, but this thread is probably the wrong one to tell what it is.
(I want to try an Olympus camera again, had a OM-1 in the 70's, so a EM5-II or a PenF is my GAS now or both.)

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bo
Thanks! I have posted a few of my samples in various places here. Mostly in the sample lens categories. I don't have many sweeping vistas where I live, but I still do my best to get out and shoot. I think the first thing I'll do is build a proper lens collection and then maybe pull the trigger (shutter?) on the G9.
Tanagra is in Greece if Google is correct, hadn't heard of the city before, you don't need sweeping vistas for your pictures to be interesting, I think many would like to see pictures from your town as we have never been there and it would be new to us.

Darmok N Jalad

Mu-43 Regular
Tanagra is in Greece if Google is correct, hadn't heard of the city before, you don't need sweeping vistas for your pictures to be interesting, I think many would like to see pictures from your town as we have never been there and it would be new to us.
My name is actually a spoof on an old TNG episode, so the location is also a reference to that episode. I actually live in the US. :)

My name is actually a spoof on an old TNG episode, so the location is also a reference to that episode. I actually live in the US. :)
I remember that episode. The Enterprise met an alien race. One that the universal translator couldn't translate. At first the language sounded like jibberish with some English words.
I believe your profile pic is the captain of that other alien race. He ended up dying at the end because of lack of communication between the two, him and Picard.
The next generation was a great series. Binge watched it last year then finished the deep space 9 series. We're currently on the Voyager series at the moment.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
P1012286 resize.jpg

Last edited:

swifty

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
Thanks swifty, no special questions, just a sense from the tech info that it may well be a great lens for a variety of both motion and still applications. Probably the biggest curiosity is the sharpness and light fall off as you approach the outer edges of the frame, but that may vary a bit from copy to copy. Looking forward to your experience and commentary! Hope you enjoy it...
Didn't get to shoot on the weekend due to the bad haze from forest fires we've been experiencing in my neck of the woods.
But I got a chance to go through a few shots from before and have posted some 10mm samples on the native lens showcase thread.
10mm was where I had some doubts based on some early web samples and although I haven't done any formal testing, I'm pleased with what I've go so far in terms of uniformity of sharpness.
The lack thereof CA is very nice so I don't know whether LR is correcting for it automatically but performance in that respect is just excellent.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom