Official Panasonic G9 Image thread.

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
If someone told me I'd never get good low light shots with high ISO and long exposures with the G9, because it's a MFT small sensor camera, I would take on the challenge anyway.

View attachment 679835Into the night at Bright Angel Point by ToxicTabasco, on Flickr
A wonderful shot of the night sky and the Grand Canyon...out of curiosity do you remember what settings you had the G9 set on? I hope to get out soon with my G9 to do some dark sky images. Anyway, well done!
GR

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
A wonderful shot of the night sky and the Grand Canyon...out of curiosity do you remember what settings you had the G9 set on? I hope to get out soon with my G9 to do some dark sky images. Anyway, well done!
GR
Thanks grcolts. Much appreciated. If I remember it's usually my standard for milky way dark night sky panorama shots. 12mm, f/2.8, 13 second shutter, ISO 3200 or 6400. Have a great adventure with your milky way night photography.

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
Another Jazz concert shot with Lumix G9 in 4K. The camera got pretty warm shooting the 4K at 30p and 60p during the 95 to 98 degree f temps after sunset. And the good news is, it didn't overheat, and no issues with noise.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

travelbug

Mu-43 Veteran
my friend lent me his g9 for an hour, didnt really know how to use it, so I mistakenly shot this in jpeg. For a guy who didnt really know what he doing, I think it came out good enough.

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
A couple of pics from Monument Valley. One from inside the gift shop, and the other from the photographer's point.

JMAM

New to Mu-43
First photo testing high resolution mode

JMAM

New to Mu-43
Hand-drawn, revealed with silkypic

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Photographed with my G9 & Pany 100-300/f4-5.6 II lens...
GR

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Took this flag picture using my G9 and Olympus 60 macro lens...it was a windy day as you can see from the flag waving in the wind.
GR

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
Last weekend was my first outing with the G9 at The Shuttleworth Collection, Old Warden, Bedfordshire. Previously I have used various Panasonic cameras during visits here but this time was the G9 only.

It wasn't until I looked at the EXIF data on the images below (12-60mm lens), that I realised how good the IBIS is for some one like me with slightly shaky hands:

Gnome LeRhone rotary engine on the Sopwith Camel

Wilhelm Morrell Anemometer air speed indicator on the Abatros DVa

Tight crop of the above

Very pleased with the transition and now to explore the camera fully in other situations!

Mike G

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Gorman
Last weekend was my first outing with the G9 at The Shuttleworth Collection, Old Warden, Bedfordshire. Previously I have used various Panasonic cameras during visits here but this time was the G9 only.

It wasn't until I looked at the EXIF data on the images below (12-60mm lens), that I realised how good the IBIS is for some one like me with slightly shaky hands:

Gnome LeRhone rotary engine on the Sopwith Camel
View attachment 763097

Wilhelm Morrell Anemometer air speed indicator on the Abatros DVa
View attachment 763098

Tight crop of the above
View attachment 763099

Very pleased with the transition and now to explore the camera fully in other situations!
I can sympathise with slightly shaky hands, and yes IBIS also helps me take sharp photos down to 1/15, all I need now is a setting to straighten tilted shots! :drinks:

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
I can sympathise with slightly shaky hands, and yes IBIS also helps me take sharp photos down to 1/15, all I need now is a setting to straighten tilted shots! :drinks:
Use the artificial horizon (level and tilt) in the G9. My G7 has it too. I use it. I don't always do what it says, but it's on the screen.

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom