Official Panasonic G9 Image thread.

50orsohours

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Awesome, I waited all this time for the camera. Panasonic couldn't manage to send anyone decoding for this raw file. This is all I get. Great a 20 MP JPEG machine!! What's next a 30mp Polaroid from Panasonic.

My GH3 raws will decode fine, only when I load the raw G9 images do I get this.

P.S. that image is not what I had intended to shoot, the real image was a succulent.
I’m surprised that you don’t know that this happens to every new camera introduced. That is why every camera comes with its own processing program. Silkypix in your case, that will handle the raw photos.

cdmicha

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chris
Just some testing around with different lens combinations- still trying to figure out what type of AF mode and settings I want to use. So many options. This was the G9 with Oly 75 1.8, face detection, Single AF. Converted to B&W from raw in LR. I had to haggle with my daughter on how many pictures I was able to take- we settled on 11 (this happens to be #4 for what it's worth).
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Silkypix in your case, that will handle the raw photos.
Does the camera come with a SilkyPix raw converter? I have SilkyPix developer studio Pro 8, & it doesn't list the G9 as compatible. Nor can I find anything on their site that indicates that the G9 is on the list of supported cameras. Seems a bit odd that a free version has the capabilities that the paid version doesn't

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
with the Sigma 30/1.4 at f/5.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
L.mono jpeg with the 40-150pro.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
I think its good. I dont feel like the EVF view is as rock steady as the Olympus bodies, but here's a test I made.

Iso 100. 150mm. 1 second exposure. Kneeling, handheld. I couldnt quite get it perfectly sharp at 1.6 seconds.

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
Just some testing around with different lens combinations- still trying to figure out what type of AF mode and settings I want to use. So many options. This was the G9 with Oly 75 1.8, face detection, Single AF. Converted to B&W from raw in LR. I had to haggle with my daughter on how many pictures I was able to take- we settled on 11 (this happens to be #4 for what it's worth).
View attachment 609678
What did she get in return for allowing you to take the 11 pics?

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
I'm pretty sure it was the promise of the rest of the afternoon without me bugging her to help me test out a camera... o_O
I've been testing the EM1ii on my 18 month old and one of our two malteses . Fortunately, neither know how to bargain, yet .

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
G9 with 40-150Pro and crazy heavy crop. Jpeg tweaked with contrast, levels etc. Blacks starting to fall to pieces, you couldnt push it any further. The raws may offer more though. A 200mm Leica with the T/C would have been nice tonight, lol.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom