Official Panasonic G9 Image thread.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Well, the camera is starting to find its way into forum members hands. No doubt this thread will start slowly, but lets get it moving.

1st shot taken with mine (cross posted). PL15, sooc jpeg, stopped in traffic at 6.30am. "Vivid" setting with -1 on saturation (my usual Panny setting, whether it suits this one remains to be seen). I have not seen this pic other than at phone size.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ozimax

Mu-43 Regular

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
A few more example shots. All with the 15PL. All sooc jpegs.

Iso1600. Awb. Looks fairly clean on the phone. (Edit: looking at it on the laptop it looks good imo, though a bit under exposed. Ive always loved the PL15 rendering).

Iso100. Vivid setting. -1 EV exp comp

Iso100. L.Monochrome. sharpness +2, NR -3.

Last edited:

srhphoto

Mu-43 Veteran
Had my G9 for nearly 2 weeks, but this weekend (hopefully) is the first time I’ll get to give it a good workout. With any luck, I’ll have some images to add over the coming days.

Simon.

h_elfving

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Håkan
I had my first portrait shoot today with the new Panasonic Lumix G9 and coming from DSLR:s as I do I was worried about IQ and such. I'm not worried anymore. Two lights, one on model, one on backdrop, one reflector to lighten shadows, lightroom standard basic adjustments and finished in PS. Panasonic LUMIX G9 Lens Panasonic Leica Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4 on 40mm 1/160 f/9,0 ISO 100.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

MacAdams

New to Mu-43

Awesome, I waited all this time for the camera. Panasonic couldn't manage to send anyone decoding for this raw file. This is all I get. Great a 20 MP JPEG machine!! What's next a 30mp Polaroid from Panasonic.

My GH3 raws will decode fine, only when I load the raw G9 images do I get this.

P.S. that image is not what I had intended to shoot, the real image was a succulent.

Gillymaru

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Awesome, I waited all this time for the camera. Panasonic couldn't manage to send anyone decoding for this raw file. This is all I get. Great a 20 MP JPEG machine!! What's next a 30mp Polaroid from Panasonic.

My GH3 raws will decode fine, only when I load the raw G9 images do I get this.

P.S. that image is not what I had intended to shoot, the real image was a succulent.
I don’t think Apple have updated Raw support for G9 yet. It isn’t on their website showing cameras supported. You may have to wait until next macOS update.

MacAdams

New to Mu-43
I don’t think Apple have updated Raw support for G9 yet. It isn’t on their website showing cameras supported. You may have to wait until next macOS update.
One step ahead for mirrorless cameras, two steps back for communication from one company to another...who cares about mega pixels, I’m going back to film, no company gimmicks there.

Gillymaru

Mu-43 Top Veteran
One step ahead for mirrorless cameras, two steps back for communication from one company to another...who cares about mega pixels, I’m going back to film, no company gimmicks there.
Apple roll out updates regularly I dont think you will have to wait long, just remember to update your computer when you see the “software update” notification.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
According to the parcel tracking, mine gets delivered tomorrow. Woo hoo. I've never been this excited about getting a new camera before. Not even my first full frame. Which, incidentally, I sold earlier this week :)

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

tomO2013

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
I posted this in the sample image thread but probably worthwhile sharing here for anybody interested in how G9 handles skin tones, details etc...
G9 + Oly 45 1.2
View attachment 609058
aaron by tom.ohle, on Flickr
It looks good. I like it better than the typical Oly skin tone, which looks a little bit more yellowish. This skin tone reminds me of my Fuji XT10's.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom