Official Olympus EP5 image thread:))

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
You guys are killing me (especially monk3y :tongue: )!!! I can't wait for my E-P5 to get here. I sold off my Canon 40D and 1D3 to a KEH rep today that's in town for a local event. I've got a 12 and 45 staring at me right now with no body to use and a 17 on order. Just need my wife to sign off on the 75 and I'll be covered with a solid prime setup.

haha did you check where it is already?:biggrin: It should arrive to you early next week. you know who to contact if you need that 75mm :wink:

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
EP5 and 17/1.8

The other evening, during monsoon. Apache Junction, AZ.

V7190034.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

cueball

Mu-43 Regular
I will admit, after using this camera for a bit, I REALLY like it! It feels very solid in the hand. The touch focus feature is great. Tilt LCD is awesome. IBIS does a good job. IQ is outstanding. The VF-4 is excellent (though I really wish it were BUILT-IN!) Definitely the best PEN yet. Now, how about a built-in EVF???

I'm on the fence about this. Part of the appeal for me with choosing the E-P5 was that I could remove the EVF when needed. I can already see there will be situations where I'll wish I had an EVF and hot shoe for bounce flash, but given how I plan on shooting this camera those will be fewer and farther between.

My wife is really looking hard at the GX7 because of the integrated EVF. After playing around with a NEX-6 and E-M5 I realized that I didn't like how small the viewfinders actually were. I wear glasses and contacts so the VF-4 seems like it will be the most comfortable for my needs.

I plan on shooting the E-P5 with no EVF for a little while to see how I like it. I am looking forward to shooting from the hip with a tiltable touch-screen.

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
I'm on the fence about this. Part of the appeal for me with choosing the E-P5 was that I could remove the EVF when needed. I can already see there will be situations where I'll wish I had an EVF and hot shoe for bounce flash, but given how I plan on shooting this camera those will be fewer and farther between.

My wife is really looking hard at the GX7 because of the integrated EVF. After playing around with a NEX-6 and E-M5 I realized that I didn't like how small the viewfinders actually were. I wear glasses and contacts so the VF-4 seems like it will be the most comfortable for my needs.

I plan on shooting the E-P5 with no EVF for a little while to see how I like it. I am looking forward to shooting from the hip with a tiltable touch-screen.
Brian, the best way to shoot from the hip is through your Phone app:wink: You don't even have to hold the camera anymore.

Although it is available in Auto mode only, I found it quite useful.

cueball

Mu-43 Regular
Brian, the best way to shoot from the hip is through your Phone app:wink: You don't even have to hold the camera anymore.

Although it is available in Auto mode only, I found it quite useful.

Didn't even think about that... Interesting idea!!!

daum

Mu-43 Veteran

This is the main reason why I switched over from an OM-D. I thought it would be the perfect all-in-one camera for me but I didn't use the EVF much and I hated how it protrudes out and won't sit flat against my body while carrying it. If they could somehow make an EVF that is flush like an leica M9, I'd be perfect.

The E-P5 is great as I use the LCD a majority of the time for daily street/travel and have the VF-4 in my bag. Also love the compact form of the PEN and NO PROTRUDING EVF. I can just pop the VF-4 on those rare occasions when needed.

All in all I think the E-P5 is the perfect camera for me. Just wish it had NFC instead of WIFI. :frown:

cueball

Mu-43 Regular
E-P5 arrived to U.S. Customs in Chicago around 1100 on the 11th. Two days later... still sitting in Chicago. Being an employee for the Federal Government qualifies me to say I should have expected this kind of delay. Bless the Japanese side of things though. They took two days also, but it covered waayyy more ground. Sigh...

cueball

Mu-43 Regular
If they could somehow make an EVF that is flush like an leica M9, I'd be perfect.

The GX7 seems like it will offer that. I really want some official reviews to come out with image quality comparisons at higher ISO's though.

Has anyone used Wasabi batteries in your E-P5 yet? I just ordered a couple for backups. They get great reviews on Amazon.

Also ordered the Gariz half case and strap.

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
E-P5 arrived to U.S. Customs in Chicago around 1100 on the 11th. Two days later... still sitting in Chicago. Being an employee for the Federal Government qualifies me to say I should have expected this kind of delay. Bless the Japanese side of things though. They took two days also, but it covered waayyy more ground. Sigh...

Gahhh :redface: I apologize for that. Although it's still 5 days with 2 days being weekends, hopefully you should be able to get it soon :smile:

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I demoed DOF to my wife, not perfect shots but I really like OOC JPEGs from E-P5 and started to think, why I even want to shoot RAW anymore?

Comments on the pictures was that f/5.6 is almost unpleasant because of the sharpness of the background. And I agree :)

f/2
P8240358.JPG

f/5.6
P8240360.JPG

daum

Mu-43 Veteran
E-P5 with Pana 7-14mm
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/93275982@N02/9579031393/" title="P8230147 by KloyOeum, on Flickr">
9579031393_805dc06f69_b.jpg
"1024" height="768" alt="P8230147"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/93275982@N02/9579032325/" title="P8230191 by KloyOeum, on Flickr">
9579032325_eb5291d43f_b.jpg
"1024" height="768" alt="P8230191"></a>

MajorMagee

Mu-43 All-Pro
An unintentional brick wall shot...
1172646_713415278674939_173406861_o.jpg

E-P5 with Zuiko Digital 70-300mm at 70mm, f/5, 1/250 sec, ISO 200

jjviegas

Mu-43 Regular
Received my E-P5 today, second m43 after the OM-D I sold some time ago. Here are some first testing shots, w/ Oly m45 and m40-150:

P8280024.jpg

P8280003.jpg

pen2omd

Mu-43 Regular
With Zuiko 35-100mm

I handled the combo E-P5 Zuiko 35-100mm all day on a boat without any grip problem despite the disproportion in size and weight between the lens and the camera.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 225

MarkRyan

Instagram: @MRSallee
Took this today for a blog I was writing, thought it turned out pretty nice. Gotta love that Oly 45mm.

Attachments

• IMG_6321.jpg
    IMG_6321.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 237

dejongj

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jean-Paul

cueball

Mu-43 Regular
Finally got a few chances to play around with the new camera. These were all done using the WiFi/Snapseed combo on my iPad Mini (which is more fun and useful than I thought it would be).

Latest threads

Top Bottom