1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Official Olympus EP5 image thread:))

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi guys :smile:
    Congrats for ur new EP5 and now please post some pics here . We would love to see the camera and pics taken with it . Bring it on please :2thumbs:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. Bhupinder2002

Pics please

3. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I think only one member has it. hahaha Still waiting for mine.

4. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    EP5 + Oly 45mm, edited in Snapseed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    Good doggy!

Looks like the lens was wide open or close to it, but focus was correctly on the eye. Did you use manual focus, or which camera mode for autofocus?

6. MarkRyan

May 3, 2013
    California
    Ha, good eye! Shot at 1.8 and using auto + manual -- half-press for auto-focus and hold, then rotate the barrel to manually focus and use peaking to pinpoint the focus on the eyes.

I have a picture of a gopher snake I shot on the sidewalk with my GF3 -- using auto-focus 100%. When I got the shot off my camera, I realized the focus was behind the snake's eyes. The shot isn't ruined, but it would be wayyy better if the shallow focus was correctly placed!

Peaking makes me confident to take over manually and be sure I've got focus exactly where I want it. And it came in handy for my first published shot with the EP5 :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. MarkRyan

May 3, 2013
    California
    Also with the Oly 45mm, in my mom-in-law's garden. Edited in Snapseed.

Attached Files:

8. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Mark... I love that image of your furry friend... awesome looking pup and a great image!

9. MarkRyan

May 3, 2013
    California
    Thanks, have another :)

EP5 with Oly 45mm, Snapseed edit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  10. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Sweet soul in that pup; that's easy to see, no matter what the lens nor camera!

11. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Don't want it

Nah...looks like a lousy camera, will stick with the OMD :biggrin:

Olympus have raised the bar yet again and are now starting to seriously challenge the APS-C / Full frame DSLR machines out there!

Now I am longing for an OMD with 1/8000 - 1/12000, 1/500 flash sync and base iso of 100, PDAF and focus tracking that works well..........I am sure it is on the drawing board but not sure when it will appear.

It is great to see how far Mu43 has come in a short time (in comparison to other formats) and I suspect it will just get better and better despite the pessimists who think it's days are numbered - people are now leaning toward better quality in smaller packages and even the big boys recognise this.

The increasing number of pros using Mu43 has really enhanced it's standing and if Olympus & Panasonic can only produce some quality marketing/TV advertising using some of their professional ambassadors, I am sure they will see an even greater uptake in sales.

Awareness is missing and this is what helps sell.

12. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    The first rumored Olympus E-M1 specifications | Photo Rumors

Probably the same sensor so no PDAF. I'm hoping the bigger grip is for a bigger battery.

13. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Naming System

Can someone educate me on why this might be called E-M1 and not E-M6 for instance? Doesn't this imply a new line/sub-line altogether?

M

14. Bhupinder2002

Yes Ian.. Olympus has surely raised the bar and 1/8000 and base ISO 100 is a dream come true. You are right ..Olympus and Panasonic has to market their products very well. No one in Australia knows about EP5 :mad:

15. MarkRyan

May 3, 2013
    California
    Sorry, I keep taking pictures of dogs on this trip.

Pany 20mm.

Attached Files:

16. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Well, the lens/E-P5/you combination are certainly working well together. Sharp with nice colors.

17. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Great shots...the bokeh in the flower shot is oh-so creamy!

18. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Nice shots Mark and it looks like with the 20mm it is a great small combo.

It is good to see this format starting to really take shape and produce cameras that can seriously challenge the big boys, they have created a niche format that despite initial negative observations when Mcro 4/3rd first launched has proven itself a real contender.

I do still feel that both Olympus & Panasonic need to up their marketing game both on TV and other media, the current programme is too poor - I remember about a year ago Panasonic ran an advert on TV showing a known photographer using I think a GH1/2 for some landscape work and it had a positive impact on sales, since then ........nothing!

Olympus UK have recently brought Damian McGillicuddy on board as their Ambassador and he is running workshops etc, it would be a prudent move to use him for a short TV ad to promote the products/format as too many people are still not aware of the format or it's capability to deliver!

19. Bhupinder2002

Exactly my thoughts Ian .. They need aggressive marketing which they don't do . When my friends see my pics they assume I use a crazy expensive huge black Elephant shaped camera with a lens which is as long as elephant's trunk :wink::wink: but when I show them a slick and sexy MFT camera they get stumped . Then I take 10-15 minutes to make them understand he concept of MFT and its benefits vs drawbacks . Many of my colleagues bought Olympus and Panasonic cameras on m recommendations and all are happy and promoting this format . Olympus and Panasonic make wonderful MFt gear but how people will know? Today's mantra is marketing . People sell polished stones from high end showrooms and make money and if someone sits on roadside and try to sell original diamonds , I dong think people will buy them . They need to some Zs and Ss which this forum can easily provide them :2thumbs:

20. MarkRyan

May 3, 2013
    California
    My nephew climbing a tree. Got the focus a bit wrong, but I still like the shot.

Oly 45mm, edited in Snapseed.

Attached Files: