Official MFT Landscape images thread :)

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
nope, Mel Brooks’ Men In Tights is the best Hood story! (…I was still a teen back then - not that much different now)
Yeah, not even all the budget of Prince of Thieves could get it past the wobbly acting and story. It was your classic '90s movie though. Loaded with popular actors of the time, blockbuster theme song, shallow story. Length was classic Costner. That guy just couldn't be brief!

I do love that Costner's version had a cameo by Sean Connery, and Brooks countered with PatStew!

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
I don’t care if I’m in the minority, but I loved Prince of Thieves when I was young. I liked men in tights just fine, but Costner’s was one of my favorites.

vladox

Mu-43 Regular
De-fished in camera?
It's not de-fished at all! I've found that, as long as the main subject's not too close, there's nothing prominent by the edge of the frame and you keep the camera level, the fishy effect is not particularly noticeable, especially in natural environments where straight lines are not present. If you do want to have the effect, just tilt the camera upwards or downwards a little bit!

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
I don’t care if I’m in the minority, but I loved Prince of Thieves when I was young. I liked men in tights just fine, but Costner’s was one of my favorites.
I was in high school when it came out, and we owned it on VHS. Watched it more times than I can recall. They are obviously two different styles of movies, so not really in direct competition. There were quite a few of those spoof-style movies back then, Naked Gun, Hot Shots, Austin Powers, and some others I'm drawing a blank on at the moment.

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
I was in high school when it came out, and we owned it on VHS. Watched it more times than I can recall. They are obviously two different styles of movies, so not really in direct competition. There were quite a few of those spoof-style movies back then, Naked Gun, Hot Shots, Austin Powers, and some others I'm drawing a blank on at the moment.
I was in middle school when it came out, and I recall seeing it in the theaters maybe 8 times. More than any other movie I’ve ever seen in the theaters by far (runner up is maybe two times?). Hell, now that I think about it, I haven’t been to a movie theater since maybe 2012? Yikes.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
I was in middle school when it came out, and I recall seeing it in the theaters maybe 8 times. More than any other movie I’ve ever seen in the theaters by far (runner up is maybe two times?). Hell, now that I think about it, I haven’t been to a movie theater since maybe 2012? Yikes.
I gave up on theaters (and keeping up with movies in general) for years. Last one we went to was pre-smartphone, and even then people ruined the experience by T9 texting and talking and such. I realized the movie theater experience was dead when the girl 3 seats down from us took a phone call in the middle of the movie!

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Launch for Hire
S7181456.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Kalifornier

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Early morning in Clarksburg wine country (just south of Sacramento), pano of 3.
P2060775-HDR-Pano-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
P6290029.jpg

balazs

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Balazs
Japanese Garden, Portland, OR, today
_7171989.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom