Official MFT Landscape images thread :)

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
This is from Colorado when I lived there for a few years. Pretty much the whole place is gorgeous. This particular shot is from one of the state parks, Roxborough.
Oh wow! I have long lost relatives near Conifer CO but haven’t been able to visit them yet since we got in touch. One more reason now (post Covid I guess, if that ever happens).

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Oh wow! I have long lost relatives near Conifer CO but haven’t been able to visit them yet since we got in touch. One more reason now (post Covid I guess, if that ever happens).
Absolutely! If memory serves me correctly, Conifer is maybe 10ish miles away from where I took that picture!

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
You've had some lovely glowing light up there Phil.
It's been a fairly typical Welsh summer here - lots of mist and rain.
Our weather hasn't been much different tbh Brian. I have made more effort to get out when the conditions are good since the lockdown.

Seahawk

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Rough pasture in the Pennines.
1597587068157.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kalifornier

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Couple of resident white pelicans in a pond across our new neighborhood in West Sacramento
P1980612.jpg

Seahawk

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A frozen Loch Stroan, Galloway.
1597660693376.jpeg

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
But is this a reclaimed landfill? Reminds me of a similar site in Colorado Springs. It was to be a gold course when filled and capped. Such grass isn't indigenous to Colorado.
?‍♂️ I don’t think so? This grass seemed to be the standard throughout Jefferson county parks, but I’m no expert. I only know of one landfill turned park, up in the northwestern Denver area, and it was more of a reclaimed nuclear waste site so much as a landfill...

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Reminds me of Garden of the Gods state park in Colorado Springs. Here’s an old stitch from my old 4MP Kodak bridge, looking at the state park from a ridge, with Pike’s Peak photobombing in the background. As a slight correction, the west half of the state is beautiful, the east half is mostly arid plains. The west half soooo makes up for that though.
1597701606253.jpeg

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Reminds me of Garden of the Gods state park in Colorado Springs. Here’s an old stitch from my old 4MP Kodak bridge, looking at the state park from a ridge, with Pike’s Peak photobombing in the background. As a slight correction, the west half of the state is beautiful, the east half is mostly arid plains. The west half soooo makes up for that though.
View attachment 841811

Nice panorama.

The landfill site I referenced above is part of this geological formation and within 3 miles of the Garden of the Gods. My soul weeped each time a saw the desecration.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
Desolation was a mine near Leadville where mining had gone on and the land was denuded of vegetation, the water was toxic and it was not only hazardous but ugly. I do not know what happened to it but I believe it was a Molybdenum mine.

j_win

Mu-43 Regular
_8161549.jpg

Shepaug River in Roxbury, CT.

AaronE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Morning view looking north.
untitled-1.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom