Official MFT Landscape images thread :)

Real Name
Chris
Route 229 takes off just east of Elko comes in from the north down the east side of the Ruby Mts. It is paved until it turns east to Hwy 93. Continuing south it is a decent gravel county road. (Ruby Valley Rd). You must have come in from the west on that last road I show.
Yeah, came in on NF113/Harrison Pass Rd. I’d recommend your way!

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Thanks for the photos and [email protected] Mountain_Man_79 and @PacNWMike. I am planning a trip now for maybe early Nov *. Would go to Death Valley for a few days, then on to Groom lake area to spend a night and hopefully see some aliens, or at least a spacecraft with the Starry Sky AF on the EM1.3 :laugh: then head out NE on Hgy 6 to Ely and spend a day at Great Basin NP. Backtrack to Eureka on 50 then head north on SR 892 about 45 miles to the Overland Pass turnoff that goes East to Ruby Valley Rd. Seems SR 892 is paved, so just the Overland Pass and Ruby Valley roads are dirt, but no worries, I have a 4WD Jeep with really good M&S tires.

*Edit: Seems Oct 30 the bird hunting season will open until mid Jan of 2021, so will have to wait on this as Ruby lake area is open to hunting in the wildlife refuge. Not going there during this time.

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for the photos and [email protected] Mountain_Man_79 and @PacNWMike. I am planning a trip now for maybe early Nov *. Would go to Death Valley for a few days, then on to Groom lake area to spend a night and hopefully see some aliens, or at least a spacecraft with the Starry Sky AF on the EM1.3 :laugh: then head out NE on Hgy 6 to Ely and spend a day at Great Basin NP. Backtrack to Eureka on 50 then head north on SR 892 about 45 miles to the Overland Pass turnoff that goes East to Ruby Valley Rd. Seems SR 892 is paved, so just the Overland Pass and Ruby Valley roads are dirt, but no worries, I have a 4WD Jeep with really good M&S tires.

*Edit: Seems Oct 30 the bird hunting season will open until mid Jan of 2021, so will have to wait on this as Ruby lake area is open to hunting in the wildlife refuge. Not going there during this time.
You should be just fine in a Jeep. I have a sedan. I went from ruby valley to Great Basin directly, hence the 70ish miles of unpaved road...and bought 4 new tires within a week of my return because 2 would no longer hold air (figures both were on the right side and not just the fronts or backs). Just sayin’, the new tires wound up being one of the more expensive parts of my vacation lol

Real Name
Roddy
The marsh at sunrise. I wish the image could contain birdsong, too (the Marais de Brouage, Charente Maritime).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Evening at the old, abandoned log ranch compound.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

What Ruby Valley is my private stomping ground! What are all you people doing there?!?!? I only ever take pano's there I guess tho...
P5060818a_stitch.jpg
P3240016a_stitch.jpg
P1010032_stitcha.jpg

Last edited:
And finally one from yesterday... no mystery where this is...

Olympist

Mu-43 Veteran
Lake Kalliojärvi, North Karelia, Finland

PeHa

Mu-43 Top Veteran

BrianLa

Mu-43 Regular

A cold, frosty and misty morning at Kirkham Abbey near Malton, Nth. Yorkshire, UK.
Brian

Seahawk

Mu-43 Top Veteran

The Lunersee, Vorarlberg, Austria.

stevedo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
Cross posted with more images in a thread entitled Patagonian Tulips (https://www.mu-43.com/threads/patagonian-tulips.109690/). Thought it also appropriate to post one here as well.

Tulipanes-6.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom