Official MFT Landscape images thread :)

^ yes, it is, Ovidiu. Some of the best 12,000 acres of farming country in the Dawson Valley, and in Australia FTM. Home to several mobs of "extinct" white tailed whip tail wallabies.

Now just a bloody big hole in the ground ... :shakehead: 😭.

Our local 100+ y.o. railway stations are being put in trenches to grade separate level crossings. I am documenting that process as best I am able.

Real Name
Ovidiu
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

No wonder I couldn't get proper internet access, it's been flying all over the damn place :p
(Last summer)

Mountain_Man_79

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
That's a nice pic, and I'm not all saying that you're wrong becaue what you're expressing is your opinion, but portrait orientation works sort of never for me.
Thanks. I actually don’t often do landscape photos in portrait orientation; there has to be some vertical lines somewhere in the photo for that to work for me. But nowadays, they just look better on a phone screen.

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Denmark

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
I always had a fascination with USA, since I was a kid I wanted to live there (I can blame Hollywood and Cartoon Network for that), and as an adult now I'm amazed by the huge biodiversity and landscapes there ... but I wouldn't want to live there these days, it's not an environment I would survive in those concrete jungle and survival of the fittest.
That's the problem when you learn about other countries by watching the news and nonsense offered by media outlets. That description is about as far from the truth as one could imagine. By the same token, I can't imagine living in a place where everything is poisonous and trying to kill you. Every time I see something about Australia on TV I wonder how people walk in the bush country without dying. Or, living in a place that is rain and clouds more often than not, like the UK. Now, neither of those may be true, but it's what I and many others over here have come to know as the truth.

It's all perception. I live near Detroit, a city which I'm certain you've heard an awful lot of bad things about. It's about 35 miles away as the crow flies. We go there for work or a ball game, or entertainment. Based on what you've heard I shouldn't still be alive. Yet at my age, I have never even had a bad experience. And in my small city of 5,000 people, you're in corn fields as soon as you leave the city limits in any direction.

Not so long ago a guy from New Zealand I met on a forum decided to visit the U.S. with his son. We hosted them for a few days and did some sightseeing. We were both musicians so I took him to the Motown Museum in downtown Detroit while my kids entertained his son. They had a great visit and went on to their next stop with an entirely different view.

If you want to visit, visit. Find a host and allow them to take you to places you'd never visit on your own, the places that give you nightmares. You'll likely be pleasantly surprised.

Real Name
Ovidiu
That's the problem when you learn about other countries by watching the news and nonsense offered by media outlets. That description is about as far from the truth as one could imagine. By the same token, I can't imagine living in a place where everything is poisonous and trying to kill you. Every time I see something about Australia on TV I wonder how people walk in the bush country without dying. Or, living in a place that is rain and clouds more often than not, like the UK. Now, neither of those may be true, but it's what I and many others over here have come to know as the truth.

It's all perception. I live near Detroit, a city which I'm certain you've heard an awful lot of bad things about. It's about 35 miles away as the crow flies. We go there for work or a ball game, or entertainment. Based on what you've heard I shouldn't still be alive. Yet at my age, I have never even had a bad experience. And in my small city of 5,000 people, you're in corn fields as soon as you leave the city limits in any direction.

Not so long ago a guy from New Zealand I met on a forum decided to visit the U.S. with his son. We hosted them for a few days and did some sightseeing. We were both musicians so I took him to the Motown Museum in downtown Detroit while my kids entertained his son. They had a great visit and went on to their next stop with an entirely different view.

If you want to visit, visit. Find a host and allow them to take you to places you'd never visit on your own, the places that give you nightmares. You'll likely be pleasantly surprised.
I full heartedly agree, without adding the human nature (and the brain itself) of being biased towards the loudest/most intense type of information one can hear it is a struggle to filter out and critically think, make a proper analysis and asses the truth of any matter. As a society we put to much emphasis on drama/dramatic/sensationalism/competition either for profit or entertainment to properly asses the truth. I would still love to visit USA not just for it’s beautiful but to learn the truth though experience first hand. Since the US Government still believes that Romanians about on par with Southern drug lords or Middle East terrorists they refuse entry to a degree that I have higher chance of winning all the lotteries in the world combined. It was my initial plan of getting U.K. citizenship and passport as my best (though very slow) gateway to visit USA 4 years ago when I moved to U.K. (about 2-3 more years left until I succeed that).
The main reason I said I wouldn’t do well to live in USA is that I’m quite the opposite of being competitive and ambitious with an intense distaste of money/currency as any roll in our society. I would constantly being taken advantage of and end up in debt in such a competitive nature. (I don’t know to what extend it is integral in American society but I am curious to see that for myself).

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
The main reason I said I wouldn’t do well to live in USA is that I’m quite the opposite of being competitive and ambitious with an intense distaste of money/currency as any roll in our society. I would constantly being taken advantage of and end up in debt in such a competitive nature. (I don’t know to what extend it is integral in American society but I am curious to see that for myself).
Go back and read my other post again and let it sink in before responding. Your perception is again skewed, extensively. The ability or inability to decide what you can comfortably spend so you don't end up in debt is a personal issue and has nothing to do with the country. People must be able to govern themselves first, and I suspect that's no different here than in any other democratic society.

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I full heartedly agree, without adding the human nature (and the brain itself) of being biased towards the loudest/most intense type of information one can hear it is a struggle to filter out and critically think, make a proper analysis and asses the truth of any matter. As a society we put to much emphasis on drama/dramatic/sensationalism/competition either for profit or entertainment to properly asses the truth. I would still love to visit USA not just for it’s beautiful but to learn the truth though experience first hand. Since the US Government still believes that Romanians about on par with Southern drug lords or Middle East terrorists they refuse entry to a degree that I have higher chance of winning all the lotteries in the world combined. It was my initial plan of getting U.K. citizenship and passport as my best (though very slow) gateway to visit USA 4 years ago when I moved to U.K. (about 2-3 more years left until I succeed that).
Lots of great people in the USA horribly let down by money in politics that is destroying the quality of life for everyone except the wealthiest.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Looking at Lake Hodges from Coronado Hills, San Marcos, CA

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Lots of great people in the USA horribly let down by money in politics that is destroying the quality of life for everyone except the wealthiest.
It's amazing how some can't seem to have a discussion without politics entering into it or blaming others for their personal situation. Many disagree with your assessment wholeheartedly. Before this becomes political in nature, I will end the conversation here.

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's amazing how some can't seem to have a discussion without politics entering into it or blaming others for their personal situation. Many disagree with your assessment wholeheartedly. Before this becomes political in nature, I will end the conversation here.
It's just talk and it's not about you or me or anyone on this forum. I separate ideas from people.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Since the US Government still believes that Romanians about on par with Southern drug lords or Middle East terrorists they refuse entry to a degree that I have higher chance of winning all the lotteries in the world combined. It was my initial plan of getting U.K. citizenship and passport as my best (though very slow) gateway to visit USA 4 years ago when I moved to U.K. (about 2-3 more years left until I succeed that).
Hi, I'm no expert, but Romania is on the list of citizenships that don't need a US visa:
https://www.cbp.gov/document/bulletins/six-month-club-update
(Click the PDF on the right)

Of course, policies may be different during the pandemic.

Real Name
Ovidiu
Hi, I'm no expert, but Romania is on the list of citizenships that don't need a US visa:
https://www.cbp.gov/document/bulletins/six-month-club-update
(Click the PDF on the right)

Of course, policies may be different during the pandemic.
I do believe the information you have there is either out of date or incorrect. I don't have a lot of time to look up for more sources but this is the general idea of the situation:
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/MEMO_18_6822
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/s...on/20200323_com-2020-119-communication_en.pdf
Currently, the USA does not consider ALL EU citizens equal and the lower class states like Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus (and recently Poland has been integrated into the reciprocity program) do not have access to USA VISA free for tourism and other endeavors. Canada approved reciprocity with Romanian back in December 2017 (one year after I came to the UK). The reason why I never tried to apply for a US VISA including tourism is that they require proof that you have sufficient motivation to come back to your country and not illegally stay in the USA (common proof requested, in documents required by US Embassy, are business ownership, a piece of land, a house or apartment, a car of significant value, family/children ... of which I have literally none of any of those).

I do remember the media reporting some years ago that the EU was even threatening to impose strict VISA requirements for all US citizens (including tourism) if they will continue to treat some EU citizens 1st class and others, 2nd class. I haven't kept up with the progress of those negotiations.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom