Official long exposure image thread :)

Real Name
Joshua
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

GX8, Panny 20mm F1.7, ISO3200, 8 seconds.
Taken in my own backyard, around midnight. Illumination is only from the moon and ambient light from the house windows. The bluesky is from light pollution from Austin. I was amazed at how much color accuracy the GX8's sensor could pull out from near total darkness.

-------

GX8, Samyang 12mm F2.0, ISO100, 13sec
Taken at the ruins of the Silver Spur, near Bandera TX (in background). The cross is illuminated using the screen of my phone.

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
I've become intrigued with "long exposure" photography and went out for another try. This time I stacked a Camdiox ND1000, a Marumi ND8, and a Marumi CPL filter to get as long an exposure time as possible on another sunny day. Today I learned the value of rectangle filters over circular filters. It's near impossible to check focus with all those filters loaded. Removing some to check focus and putting them back on is no fun. I'll need to learn manual technique better as I rely on "A" setting way too much and max out at 60 seconds. So, it's still a work in progress, but I enjoy the challenge and it gets me out trying something new.

Phil.H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
40 second exposure to blur the water.

Crosspost. Milky Way over Monastery Beach near Carmel, California. 15 second exposure.

stevedo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
This is the first time (due to not previously carrying a tripod on our trip) that I've tried long exposure photography with my Olympus gear. I used a Gobi 10 stop ND filter and was somewhat surprised that the camera managed to autofocus :)

I can see me using long exposures quite a bit more in the future.

Photo is of the Princesa waterfall near Curacautin, Chile.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom