Official GH1 Firmware Wish List Thread

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Let's collect our GH1 firmware requests in one place to make it easy for Panasonic to see :polling:.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    My #1 wish would be to see them try to somehow address the banding. Not sure if that is possible through firmware though.

The rest of my shortlist:

• One button press magnified view for manual focus
    • User selectable minimum shutter speed for auto ISO
    • Full auto ISO functionality with manual focus lenses

3. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Official GH1 Firmware Update

Press Release
    Panasonic announces the firmware update for DMC-GF1/GH1/G1
    for performance enhancement and expanded compatibility

Panasonic announces the new firmwares for the DMC-GF1, GH1 and G1 of LUMIX G Micro System will be released to enhance the potential of the cameras and compatibility.
    Firmware ver.1.2 for DMC-GF1

* -Improved operation menu for image stabilizer ([OFF] will be added under [STABILIZER] only when LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) is attached)
    * -Improved AF (auto focus) performance with lenses of other manufacturer

Firmware ver.1.3 for DMC-GH1

* -Improved operation menu for image stabilizer ([OFF] will be added under [STABILIZER] only when LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) is attached)
    * -Availability of AF performance in FHD (full HD) movie recording mode with Four Thirds lenses that are compatible with contrast AF
    * -Improved AF performance in movie recording with LEICA DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm / F2.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-ES045)
    * -Improved modulation accuracy of flash

Firmware ver.1.5 for DMC-G1

* -Improved modulation accuracy of flash

The new firmware will be available worldwide at GMT: 8:00 the 10th of May, 2010 at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/.

• Like Like x 2
  4. IanSeward

IanSeward New to Mu-43

May 23, 2010
    Bracketing EV step

The current limit of 2/3 stop on EV is unrealistic. I can see no reason that this could not be increased to 1.5 EV by firmware, which would allow a useful range of bracketing to be accomplished in 3 shots. The slow fps of the G1 makes the use of more shots impractical through subject movement.

5. funnykoozies

funnykoozies New to Mu-43

May 25, 2010
    Yes, thanks for your suggestion