I would like...

The LX3 offers the following, I would like the G1 to have;

• Scene - HDR Like the Update to the LX3
  • One Shutter Release for Multi-Film like the LX3
  • Scene - Pin Hole Effect
  • Scene - High Grain Effect

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
Let's collect our G1 firmware requests in one place to make it easy for Panasonic to see :polling:.

I have the latest firmware on my G1, but still:

1.) it would be nice to be able to shut down the LCD while connected via USB to PC (saves the battery). Even if you flip and close LCD, it is still on (makes no sense)

2.) bracketing and timer - with the switch you can only chose between these two options, you can not have them both.

It would be nice that panasonic fix this with next firmware.

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
My shortlist:

• [*]One button press magnified view for manual focus
  • User selectable minimum shutter speed for auto ISO
  • Full auto ISO functionality with manual focus lenses

dont you have this already? :rolleyes:

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
I meant with manual focus adapted lenses. The GF1 latest firmware gave it this ability, but the G1 still doesn't have it.

Oh. I havent had an opportunity to try manual focus adapted lens. Can you clarify please what does that mean? How is the experience with those lens different with G1 and GF1? :drinks:

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
With a regular :43: lens, when you turn the manual focus ring, it will automatically pull up a magnified view. When you use a manual focus lens via adapter, there is no electrical communication between the lens and camera, so the camera doesn't respond to a change in focus by pulling up a magnified view. In that case, pulling up a magnified view on the G1/GH1 requires two button pushes. I don't have a GF1, but my understanding is that the latest GF1 firmware enables the user to pull up the magnified view with a single press.

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
I see. However I do not see any difficulties if one has to press two buttons- justo one for bringing the MF assist, the second to confirm the MF assist position.

gravox

New to Mu-43
1. Make function of Q Menu and Film Mode buttons user selectable. I would then allocate my most used five actions to one button and the next most frequently used five to the other button. 2. Allow AEB and Timer together with all AEB sequence exposures activated without having to touch the camera. 3. Option of whole stops in AEB. 4. System for manually setting a a specific focus distance ( there being no distance scale on the lenses ) The method used on Canon G and other compacts works fine.

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
.... 4. System for manually setting a a specific focus distance ( there being no distance scale on the lenses ) The method used on Canon G and other compacts works fine....

:bravo-009:

sometimes you just cant focus, because MF-assist doesnt gain when magnified and manual focus preset would be :2thumbs:

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Official G1 Firmware Update

Press Release
Panasonic announces the firmware update for DMC-GF1/GH1/G1
for performance enhancement and expanded compatibility

Panasonic announces the new firmwares for the DMC-GF1, GH1 and G1 of LUMIX G Micro System will be released to enhance the potential of the cameras and compatibility.
Firmware ver.1.2 for DMC-GF1

* -Improved operation menu for image stabilizer ([OFF] will be added under [STABILIZER] only when LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) is attached)
* -Improved AF (auto focus) performance with lenses of other manufacturer

Firmware ver.1.3 for DMC-GH1

* -Improved operation menu for image stabilizer ([OFF] will be added under [STABILIZER] only when LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) is attached)
* -Availability of AF performance in FHD (full HD) movie recording mode with Four Thirds lenses that are compatible with contrast AF
* -Improved AF performance in movie recording with LEICA DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm / F2.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-ES045)
* -Improved modulation accuracy of flash

Firmware ver.1.5 for DMC-G1

* -Improved modulation accuracy of flash

The new firmware will be available worldwide at GMT: 8:00 the 10th of May, 2010 at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/.

chuckgoolsbee

Mu-43 Regular
I'd like to see tethering supported on the G1. I do lime-lapse work often with software on my Mac and would LOVE to use the G1 and my wonderful lenses instead of the CoolPix L11 I use currently. The fact that a point-n-shoot can do this, while a high-end cutting edge 4/3rds camera can not boggles my mind.

This is strictly a firmware issue as the camera already supports PTP.

texascbx

Mu-43 Veteran
I figured a new firmware would be soon with the release of the new cameras and 14-42 lens to make them all compatible. Thanks Bokeh!:biggrin:

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Seems like Panasonic didnt bother listening to most people.

Oly got what they wanted (faster AF) we got...em, a long wait for not too much :(

Happy my GF1 is reported to still be quicker than Oly

Carlarm

Mu-43 Regular
* One button magnified view focus assist: I suggest the lens release button be assigned this function. The camera knows when you press this button. (Set Shoot W/O Lens = On) In fact, if you press it an icon appears in the lower right corner reminding you that focus assist can be obtained by pressing the left arrow (and then the center button). Note that this reminder icon only appears the first time you do this. Turn your camera off then on again to see it again. They could change the function of this button to go directly to focus assist. Plus, you wouldn't need to take the camera away from your eye to activate the function.

* Make the built-in (and external) flash work properly with adapted lenses. Why can't the camera control the flash duration just like a normal lens?

* It seems like an adapter for legacy (e.g. Nikon) lenses could semi-automate the operation of the aperture. You'd slide a button (on the adapter) to open the aperture which would also cause the camera to enter the focus assist mode. After you focus, you'd slide the button back to the other position and then the lens would close down to the aperture you had previously set it to and the camera would also go back to the normal view.

Latest threads

Top Bottom