Official EP-2 Firmware Wish List Thread

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Let's collect our EP-2 firmware requests in one place to make it easy for Olympus to see :polling:.

2. alc217

alc217 New to Mu-43

I've only had the E-P2 for less than a week. Having "migrated" from a GF-1 (to get the in-body stabilization), my first item (I'm sure there will be many more):

Ability to program the "Fn" button to be MF Assist, from ANY info view screen.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hcarlen

hcarlen New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Jan 23, 2010
    auto iso

I would like to know what iso setting the camera has when set to "Auto Iso". That´s all for now, but I´m sure I´ll think of more things the more I use the camera.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

My wish is that the camera would revert to the preset Custom Settings, rather than stay with whatever changes were made and expect me to remember to Reset. This is one of banes of my camera existence because I am generally too inept to remember to do it or reset it properly.:drama:

5. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

+1 on making the Fn button configurable to switch manual focus assist on & off. I would like to leave the screen in grid mode all the time, without having to switch display modes just to get manual focus magnification. I find myself constantly fighting the E-P1 with the current clumsy implementation - easily my #1 gripe - possibly even my only gripe.

6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    * Faster AF!!!
    * Better refresh performance for the LCD while some of the Art Filters are being used.
    * Better processing performance for some of the Art Filters.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    *Ability to shoot in full manual with art filters (instead of ev+-)
    *Double exposure not hidden 20 levels below (gimicky but cool after I found it)
    *Stabilize the Manual Focus assist... Come on really.. That thing is almost useless in certain situations
    * LEICA ART FILTER... come on easy....

8. Snapshot32

Snapshot32 New to Mu-43

Apr 2, 2011
    Morristown, NJ USA
    In order to use the MF Assist or Enlarged Display on an E-P2 you need to use the "OK" button to begin AND again to cancel the zoom, since pressing the shutter does not do so. (The G1 does cancel zoom when you shoot!)

A half-press on the shutter button should cancel the zoom, as it does on the G1. That would make things nice and fast.

Could you please add that to your list of features in the next E-P# firmware release.

9. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    "lock settings " -- so that the too-easily changed ISO/WB/AF//SHUTTER settings can be fixed temporarily; especially useful as i'm often digging my PEN out of a pocket for a quick shot

10. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    *EP1 firmware upgrade ;-)
    *Focus confirm (particularly in manual mode)
    *Horizontal/Vertical level in all views

11. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    FRance
  12. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Oh yes ! Focusing distance and hyperfocal scale with native :43: lenses screen please !

Impossible with current e-pen sensors. Such a function is ruled out by contrast detection AF. It needs phase AF to work (like in DSLRs, where the mirror is used as a beam splitter by the AF system).

You might try grid views ; they're a good composition tool, and they help stay level while showing more info than levels view.

13. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Could be possible on screen: my Panasonic LX-3 did have such a scale (if smallish and crude).

But what I miss most is the "DEP" mode of early Canon Eos, like my regretted RT's pellicle-mirror SLR's:

Focus once far, confirm; focus near, confirm (or vice-versa). The camera would then set the focus in-between AND select the adequate f-stop.