Official EP-1 Firmware Wish List Thread

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Let's collect our E-P1 firmware requests in one place to make it easy for Olympus to see :polling:.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. countzero

countzero New to Mu-43

Jan 8, 2010
    Well, I for one would love to have a improved focus assist (the zoom-in on the LCD) for manual 3rd party lenses via adapter that's friendlier to use.

What I had in mind is an option to use the Fn button, in any mode (dedicated button, let's call it), so that it would only be active as long as the button is pressed. Finger on it, it zooms, other hands adjusts focus, finger off it, check overall photo, shoot.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    1. 7x and 10x can sometimes be a little much when trying to focus, especially when using the kit zoom at 42mm. It would be nice to dial it in say starting at 3x

2. For gods sake, put bracketing and LCD brightness in the super control menu
  4. curtisls87

curtisls87 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2010
    Los Gatos, CA, USA
    Curt Schimmels
    I'd love to have the ability to create your own art filters under some sort of menu. I know that's a lot to ask :smile:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    #1 - Agree about having a simplier interface when using the older manual focus lenses. (Though I do admit that since getting the EP2 with the EVF I rarely use the magnification mode for manual focusing any more.)

#2 - Better AF - especially in low light. It seems that Oly has tweaked it a bit going from the EP1 to the EP2 (less hunting in low light) but it still falls far behind what Panasonic has managed - and we won't even discuss what is on even entry level DSLRs.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. rich s

rich s Guest

Histogram size / position

I'd like to see the histogram capable of being both reduced in size and moveable into whichever corner of the screen you prefer.

Or make it semi-opaque instead of solid colours - at the moment its just too big! One of my cameras (maybe Ricoh) does this movement to a corner of the screen.

Rich S
    • Like Like x 2
  7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i would like to see the green lantern on the top plate have a turn off option.

id like to return to unmagnified view with legacy glass with a shutter press like in the gf-1.

id like to get a new art filter now and then .

id like flash to permit a focus assist lamp... in fact id like a module [ a tiny one] that did this and also allowed mounting of the flash above it .

id like to tell the camera some details about the legacy lens to enhance exposure accuracy
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    I'd like to see, when in auto ISO, what ISO the camera is picking on a half press.

9. ph.

ph. Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    probably my limited ability to search for deeply buried menu items, but I want to kill off the ability to move the focussing rectangle by the little black fourway wheel.

I use manual focus quite often, use the magnified EVF for focussing and do the final framing later in software. It is all too easy to press the button moving the magnified area and as a result get the magnified image out on the edge of the picture.

If it does not exist, please introduce an item disabling movement. If it does exist, please make it easier to find. (yes I know one can disable the face recognition bit, that is not the problem in this case).

10. camerhoon

camerhoon Guest

Feb 27, 2010
    snap focus

I would like a hyperfocal 'snap' focus like the ricoh grd2 so the focus when using the 17mm view finder is predictable.
  11. willo

willo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    This, I miss this from my old D700. It would be a very useful feature. Also faster AF would be nice.
  12. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Man, I'd give my ex-wife for that.....
    They say that it can't be done but I don't believe it.
    We have RC cars riding on Mars, come'on gimme a break......