1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Office to the Tube (Dramatic Tone Art Filter)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nwheal, Jan 11, 2012.

1. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    At the end of work today I thought I would try out my new 9-18 that I purchased on the forum along with the Dramatic Art Filter to see what could be had as the light was going down and all the other lights were coming on.

Here are a selection of images capture between St Katherines Dock and Tower Hill Tube station.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really enjoying the camera and happy that I have the wide end covered...

• Like Like x 6
  2. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

I like what you're doing with the lines there Nigel.

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i like the rose shot... and i hate roses... :)

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Nice shooting. Its an addictive damn filter, isn't it? Particularly at first. In time I grew to hate it and, like all addictions, you eventually have to force yourself to stop. But its a lot of fun in the early stages. You can also shoot the art filters bracketed with other art filters and/or clean jpegs or raws. I did a lot of bracketing early on so I'd have an art filter and clean version of each shot and I could more objectively assess what I had. These appear to be really nice shots regardless - I suspect they'd hold up fine without the filter. Although I'd guess the first and last two wouldn't seem as compelling without the filter...

-Ray

5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    The Cafe shot is awesome.. I wish more people on here did not BASH Art mode (auto HDR) or any HDR shots as much as they do.. I think it's good.. very good.. most observers who are not into Photography and just looking at the pictures seem to like the results.. they could care less of how you shot or PP the photo. :smile: I have given and showed many photos to just the common Joe a photo in Art vs. a normal standard OOC photo and they pick the Art/HDR most of the time... oh well .. kinda hard to explain.. but the common Joe will pick the Art/HDR shot over a conventional photo 7 or more out of 10 times.. just my 3 cents.. LOL

6. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Cheers Grant

I do like to find different POV than the norm.

However on the walk to the station it is sometimes difficult as I do not want to deviate to far...

7. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Thanks Eliot,

It just popped into view and I thought I can use that...

8. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England

Ray

Have not got round to bracketing shots yet with filters, not read that far into the manual yet....

I am sure I will get there in the end.

9. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the 3 cents worth MrDoug,

Part of the reason for getting the camera in the first place and ditching the DSLR was to ensure I could have a cam with me most of the time and get the shots that I would normally just walk past due to not having the beast with me.

Loving the fact that the Pen and lens combo is small enough to slip in work bag and not add any significant weight.

Nothing wrong with the art filters from my point of view... if it means I spend less time on the computer processing then all the better in my view, better to be out with camera getting the shots you want than sitting in front of your computer wishing you were out and about.