Odd grip bug on the OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Boyzo, May 26, 2013.

1. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    With the grip on "lock" and while pressing the bottom shutter button

Pressing the top grip shutter button fires the shutter without a "Focus Lock"

Same occurs with the body shutter button ! Odd since "Lock" on the grip locks all wheel function.

This explains why with the grip and the Olympus OEM wrist strap grasping the camera firmly with the Right Hand causes the strap to press on the lower shutter button and so you loose "Focus Lock" on the upper shutter buttons

Appreciate any Grip user feedback
  2. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    This is a known bug and was discussed in this thread before.
  3. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 20, 2012
    Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
    Thanks for posting the link here, it saved me doing so. :wink:
    BTW, my mod works well in these circumstances, but it does seem to be a bit of an oversight in design since the HLD-4 (on my E30) does the same although it isn't so vulnerable.

4. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Thanks for the link :smile:
    I reported the bug to Olympus and its been confirmed by them :rolleyes:

OCULUS Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    Albany, NY
    Ray Hull
    NOW, I see this…lol. I have been fighting the unintended focus/fire "feature" since first mounting my battery/grip and leather hand slide strap. It wasn't until months later when I demanded to speak with an Oly tech manager that I finally got someone to explain the sloppy leather strap's overlap of the vertical release button.
    He told me of the Lock switch and its purpose, which to my recollection is the first I've heard of it.

Anyway, the random hip-level shots have stopped, finally. Glad to see this elucidation and even the amended grip "bump."