Odd Flickr issue ?!?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Livnius, May 28, 2013.

1. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Logged into my Flickr this evening only to discover its gone all fancy continental on me....my Flickr account has turned ITALIAN !!! ....yep, everything and I mean everything is now in Italian and I have no idea where to navigate to change it back, made ever worse by this new layout Yahoo sprung on us.

How this happened I have no clue.

I assume somewhere in settings or preferences or something of the like there is a way to 'set language'....any Italian speakers here who could check it out and tell me what words, menus, button locations etc to click ?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    You have got to be **** kidding me....the mobile Flickr on my iPhone in safari has turned Italian too !!!

3. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Maybe flickr decided to make you Italian? They seem to like unsolicited changes... ;o)

-> Language selection should be along the very bottom of any page.

4. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Problem solved.

Many thanks Heli :thumbup:

5. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    They need to get rid of/or limit this non-stop scrolling. I hit the language thing once the other day on my phone because I was quickly trying to scroll to the bottom of the page but it just kept reloading. However it kind of pauses at the bottom of the page for a second while it loads more pictures, I think I hit it accidentally at this time.

Definitely a couple usability quirks with the new layout.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, removing the "infinity scroll" (Tumblr style) would solve a multitude of loading issues with the site. I don't use Tumblr for the same reason.