1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Occupy LA on Bikes

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by CCRoo, Oct 26, 2011.

1. CCRoo

CCRoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    I thought I'd also share my "Occupy" pics.

These photos are from the past two Sundays. A bunch of folks met on bikes and rode into town to give the movement some visibility beyond City Hall. We rode to Beverly Hills and back the first time, Silverlake (more or less) the second. Gotta say it was a lot of fun. The plan is to keep it up each Sunday, meeting at City Hall at noon if anyone wants to check it out.

All these pics were taken with my E-P2 using an Oly 40-150mm zoom and the Konica Minolta 40mm (first ride) and a Minolta MD 28mm and the Pentax Auto 110 50mm (second ride). I think Flickr picked up my Aperture keyword tags on the lenses if anyone cares.

I really love using the old lenses. Using the autofocus with the Oly 40-150 felt like a diminished experience. I think I really love to focus manually. The Pentax Auto 110 50mm is a fine lens if you ask me, as is the Minolta MD 28mm. I had the most fun with those two lenses.

There's a lot of cropping going on here. I shot a bunch at McArthur Park in midday under a canopy of green trees and those images look a little green to me. I wonder if they should given that things did look green...

Flicker links:

First Sunday Bike Ride
    Occupy LA Bike March - a set on Flickr

Second Sunday
    Second Occupy LA Bike March - a set on Flickr

Raoul

• Like Like x 2