1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Observatory Hill, Sydney

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by nickthetasmaniac, Sep 24, 2014.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    It's been a little while since I've posted here as I've been enjoying the GR for the last few months, but here's a couple from the other night on Observatory Hill, Sydney.

EM5 + m.ZD 45mm

It's definitely nice coming back to the Zuikos, but the EM5 interface felt remarkably clunky after the GR... I think an EM1 might be in the works :smile:

15152833830_7990fb37a9_b.

15240767051_3314fab767_b.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

They are nice Nick. I think you would enjoy the E-M1, especially with the latest 2.0 FW update that includes Live Composite. It's ideal for city night scrapes with light trails etc.

3. dnightingale

dnightingale Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Darren
    They look great in B&W, all mine are in colour, and I'm tempted to do some more editing now.

BTW, What a great location Observatory Hill is!

4. I couldn't really say that there is that big a difference in operation between the E-M5 and E-M1, aside from the grip and extra buttons. That's not a black mark against the E-M1 however, and I prefer both over Ricoh's UI which I could never get dialled into.

5. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    I think that's basically the same as Ricoh's 'Interval Composite'? If so it's been great fun playing with star trails :smile:

Definitely! It's actually the first time I've been up there...

The EM5 is almost there, but not quite. At the end of the day, I'd almost consider the EM1 upgrade purely because of the Metering button and bigger EVF...

6. Ross the fiddler

It was originally introduced in the E-M10 model & now they have included it in the E-M1 with the latest 2.0 FW update.
    Here is the Olympus FB entry about the feature (on the E-M10) with a video demonstration using it (for a city night scene).
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=736808323052570&set=vb.264181933648547&type=2&theater

And here is a comment from someone on it there.
    Reading his blog is useful too.

7. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for the link!

8. The VF-4 spec viewfinder is very nice, but my favourite part of the E-M1 compared to the E-M5 is the new sensor and particularly how it handles colours differently than the Sony sensor.

9. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    I thought it was a Sony sensor?

10. Panasonic in the E-M1, apparently. Not hugely different to that in the E-M5 but enough to notice.

11. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    I thought Panasonic shifted to Sony sensors?

Lol I've clearly been away for too long...

12. Ross the fiddler