Observatory Hill, Sydney

nickthetasmaniac

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's been a little while since I've posted here as I've been enjoying the GR for the last few months, but here's a couple from the other night on Observatory Hill, Sydney.

EM5 + m.ZD 45mm

It's definitely nice coming back to the Zuikos, but the EM5 interface felt remarkably clunky after the GR... I think an EM1 might be in the works :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dnightingale

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darren
They look great in B&W, all mine are in colour, and I'm tempted to do some more editing now.

BTW, What a great location Observatory Hill is!

Real Name
Nic
I couldn't really say that there is that big a difference in operation between the E-M5 and E-M1, aside from the grip and extra buttons. That's not a black mark against the E-M1 however, and I prefer both over Ricoh's UI which I could never get dialled into.

nickthetasmaniac

Mu-43 All-Pro
...the latest 2.0 FW update that includes Live Composite. It's ideal for city night scrapes with light trails etc.
I think that's basically the same as Ricoh's 'Interval Composite'? If so it's been great fun playing with star trails :smile:

BTW, What a great location Observatory Hill is!
Definitely! It's actually the first time I've been up there...

I couldn't really say that there is that big a difference in operation between the E-M5 and E-M1, aside from the grip and extra buttons. That's not a black mark against the E-M1 however, and I prefer both over Ricoh's UI which I could never get dialled into.
The EM5 is almost there, but not quite. At the end of the day, I'd almost consider the EM1 upgrade purely because of the Metering button and bigger EVF...

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I think that's basically the same as Ricoh's 'Interval Composite'? If so it's been great fun playing with star trails :smile:
It was originally introduced in the E-M10 model & now they have included it in the E-M1 with the latest 2.0 FW update.
Here is the Olympus FB entry about the feature (on the E-M10) with a video demonstration using it (for a city night scene).
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=736808323052570&set=vb.264181933648547&type=2&theater

And here is a comment from someone on it there.
Robert Sarmiento Evangelista @Carina Ku
Set your Mode Dial to "M"
Dial your Shutter Speed until your reach
"Bulb" then
"Live Bulb" then finally
"LIVE COMPOSITE"

Now Press Menu to set the Exposure time of Each Composite.

I recommend you to set 4 seconds.
use f/22 or the Highest F/11

and let the Composite continue until you are satisfied with the results.

See my first trials on this blog.
Enjoy your EM-1 rev 2.0
http://robertevangelista.blogspot.com/.../20-long...
21 September at 04:15 · Edited · 1

Robert Sarmiento Evangelista _
This kind of In camera Post processing is a break thru. Olympus never settles for simple Functions. They generate useful and Creative tools that is actually difficult to do on a computer. But They have done a great job doing it in Camera.

Simply amazing work olympus
Olympus Malaysia
21 September at 04:17 · 1
Reading his blog is useful too.

Real Name
Nic
The EM5 is almost there, but not quite. At the end of the day, I'd almost consider the EM1 upgrade purely because of the Metering button and bigger EVF...
The VF-4 spec viewfinder is very nice, but my favourite part of the E-M1 compared to the E-M5 is the new sensor and particularly how it handles colours differently than the Sony sensor.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom