OB Sony A7R $1549 at Adorama

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Serhan, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    nice...its a fantastic camera.

3. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I'm pretty sure this is a back-door way of handling a manufacturer rebate to the retailer. Which may be a sign that the A7r isn't exactly flying off the shelves.

4. mattia

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Well, earlier reports were that preorders exceeded all of Sony's expectations...

5. stripedrex

stripedrex Do or do not. There is no try.

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Alex
    And it's gone =(. Not allowing me to check out.

6. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Perhaps. But the same situation existed with the new RX10 only a few days ago:

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=57421&page=4&p=578320#post578320

And, too, the Internet echo chamber involving alleged shutter vibration issues with the A7r (real or unreal) may be having an impact on sales or causing people to return their just-purchased cameras. A personal friend of mine just had his new A7r delivered last week and returned it - unopened - after reading about the vibration issue. I'm not saying he should have done that - but he did.

7. mattia

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    True, but I figure it's more likely they're simply doing open box deals on returns rather than some form of Sony discount. I think it's always wise to remember that the online photography community does not necessarily reflect the full buying public particularly well - problems get blown out or proportion, while many people just get on with shooting and create great images :)

There was also way too much hype surrounding the A7r, and it's very much a first generation product in my opinion - a great camera for sure, but the E-M1 handles, focuses, does just about everything significantly better - except the pure image quality and resolution on the A7r is utterly stunning. It's a perfect camera for my wants/needs - Full Frame for portraits and, above all, landscapes. I like pixel peeping, and I haven't seen any shutter shock issues. I also don't intend it to replace MFT as a full system, or buy anything significantly longer than the 55/1.8 for the camera, so if there is any shutter shock it's a non-issue for the type of shooting I'm doing. I'd do my own testing (or get an A7) if I was planning on shooting long glass. Honestly, I think the proof lies in all of those fantastic pictures people are producing with the A7r; if it 'shutter shocks' at certain focal length/ss combinations, I haven'seen it yet. And if it happens, I'll adjust ISO and SS to move it somewhere it doesn't happen. No camera is perfect, but the A7r does a lot of things very, very, right indeed. Perfect complement to the E-M1 in my book.

8. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    As expected:
    B&H has used A7R for $1959 & A7 for $1455 if anybody is still looking for one:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801025678-USE/Sony_ILCE7R_B_Alpha_a7R_Mirrorless_Digital.html
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801025679-USE/Sony_ILCE7_B_Alpha_a7_Mirrorless_Digital.html

• Like Like x 1