1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

O75-300 vs P100-300

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Chrisnmn, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    like the title says guys, im looking to buy any of those and i would like to know all the pros and cons of both lenses?.

right now im about to jump onto the O75-300 for IQ. even-though i know its expensive.

all suggestions comments, images are moooore than welcome guys!.

thanks. :biggrin:

2. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    I'm also interested. If you jump in Chrisnmn, let us know how that 75-300 works out. I have to save my pennies in the meantime. :smile:

3. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Panasonic 100-300mm
    Pros
    -cheaper than Oly
    -faster than Oly

Cons
    -focus can be finicky at times

Olympus 70-300mm
    Pros
    -some say it has better IQ
    -smaller size
    -longer range

Cons
    -slower
    -more expensive

coming from a Panasonic 100-300mm owner

• Like Like x 1
  4. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
  5. brissytim

brissytim Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 16, 2012
    Good idea starting a new thread and not hijacking the other one. I have been looking to purchase a 100-300 for a little while now but my biggest problem is finding a reputable store with it instock at a good price.

I only just recently heard about the AF issue and it is making me reconsider the 75-300. To those with 100-300's how bad is it, have you ever missed any shots because of it? I would primarily be using it for fast paced stuff like snowboarding ect. and would hate to be sitting in a pile of snow trying to take photos with an AF that is playing up.

6. labcoatguy

labcoatguy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2011
    Cambridge, MA, US
    I used a rented 100-300 at an airshow last month and it had occasional trouble focusing on moving airplanes, which was a problem when certain planes only had a few flybys at the best angles of attack.. My other telephoto at the time was the kit 40-150, and it was much more dependable in nailing focus. I'm renting a 75-300 for the US Open next week and will test it out there to see if it's much better. For reference, I used it on an OM-D body with the latest firmware.

• Like Like x 2
  7. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    Oh man.

The 100-300 is in stock @ amazon.

So tempted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.