O-EM1 and IPHOTO compatibility??

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Mdb2, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Mdb2

Mdb2 New to Mu-43

Nov 13, 2014
    HI all, I have the latest IPHOTO on Yosemite, I would assume that the latest all singing and dancing operating platform would have the previous camera raw 5.02 included or later. I am a little concerned at the compatability (or not) of the Raw from the O-EM1 and IPHOTO. I have recently purchased the o-em1 and use the mac iPhoto, I get a message whilst downloading the sd card that none of the information on the SD card
    MESSAGE ---- card does not meet any of the criteria ---
    I do however continue and iPhoto does edit the photos. but does not convert the image to a jpeg? Ok I can live with this! Then whilst editing a batch of photos yesterday I had finished a few and placed them in albums with names and info. The computer screen went blank, I tried to revive the screen by pressing the ESC button but that did not work? I therefore
    turned off the computer and then back on again. when the computer fired up and I went back to IPHOTO all my images were gone, with the exemption of the the images i placed into albums. well heres the mystery, I cannot find them anywhere on the computer using finder and they are not in the trash! There not on either of the two externals drives either. I cannot get to retrieve them from the card as I reformatted the card when I put it back in the camera. My questions are:
    1, Has anyone else had this experience?
    2, Why does the iPhoto not recognise the raw image?
    3, Any ideas as to where they have gone?

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
  3. zathras

zathras Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2014
    Waikato, New Zealand
    Chris Nielsen
    How are you downloading from the card? Cable, card reader?

iPhoto will convert to JPG when you export, it will let you make adjustments to the RAW file and you can convert to JPG on export.

I would hazard a guess that the iPhoto library is corrupt if your images are not showing up, but I bet they are on your hard drive, just not showing in the library. You can try rebuilding the library - hold Ctrl and Option while starting iPhoto and it should ask you if you want to rebuild the library - see http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201769