NYCityscapes in Monochrome

penfan2010

Mu-43 All-Pro
GX-7 + 12-32 and GM-1 + 14mm F2.5. Also posted on SC.com.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I'm not sure that I'd call them cityscapes (I was expecting expansive views of NY), but yes, that last shot is really captivating.

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
penfan2010,

A really nice set. Now I really have get to work on the shots I took last month in NYC. I like 1, 2, 3, 6, and 8. #8 is certainly a book publishing worthy shot. Was it shot while passing by or were you aware of the birds and camped out there until the moment was right?

Thanks for sharing!

penfan2010

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks, all. Felipe, I was actually waiting at a traffic light and my wife noticed all these pigeons flying around. I took several shots of the birds in flight, and the combination of feathers, shadows and buildings made for interesting patterns. This was the last photo in the series, and I only noticed the man after I took the shot. Really pleased with how much sharpness I retained in the final version; I had the Panasonic 14mm f 2.5 mounted on my GM-1 and I cropped out about a third or more of the original image to get the shot above.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom