1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

NYC with the 12mm

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nuclearboy, Jun 1, 2013.

1. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    I just got back from NYC last weekend and was able to pick up a 12mm Olympus just before my trip. I have the 14mm too but wanted to try the 12 and left it on the camera for about 80% of my shots. The 14 stayed home.

I was happy with the performance of the 12mm but I am not convinced yet that it is worth the premium price compared to the diminutive (in size and price) Panasonic 14mm.

I am currently spending some time (i.e. playing around) taking some test shots to compare the 12 and 14 lenses. I will post my findings after I have had some time to compare them. So far, the 14 is holding its own but the 12 may have an advantage.

Anyway, here are some shots with the 12mm. The wide angle is a must in NYC.

Ground zero/ 911 memorial
    NY23.

The new World Trade center
    NY27.

Looking up
    NY18.

Staten Island Ferry coming into Lower Manhattan
    NY43.

2. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    Great shots and lens:) I found usually 28mm is not wide enough esp for NY, I like 24mm better...

3. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    I agree

I agree, the 12 (24mm equiv) is barely wide enough for some of the huge buildings you get so close to in NYC.