NYC subway shots

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by phrenic, Dec 18, 2010.

1. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Nice work Trevor - b&w works well.
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Very nice, particularly #2
  4. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I have a few of those from my one and only trip to NY last year.

<a href="" title="P1060370 by zach.pierce, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="P1060370" /></a>

<a href="" title="P1060366 by zach.pierce, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="P1060366" /></a>

<a href="" title="P1060556 by zach.pierce, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="P1060556" /></a>
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Beware of misinformed NYPD

Flickr: Discussing NYPD Harassing subway/bus photographers again in Photography is not a crime

Flickr: Discussing Editor of "RAILFAN & RAILROAD" magazine arrested for taking pics of NYC Vintage Train in Photography is not a crime

Nice shots, be aware of the misinformed NY Transit and NYPD. Several photographers have been detained and even arrested for taking photos in the subway system. They always site some "law" that prohibits such photos from being taken. Ironically, there is no such law. In one case the press photographer was arrested and detained for taking photos for a photo contest that the railroad actually advertised.

In all cases, the photographers sued and were quickly awarded up to $50,000. Last Friday I was in NYC, took some photos in the subway, but was not lucky enough to get arrested - no even challenged!

Two links above if you care to read the full details.