1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Now what lens???

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by eawhitcomb, May 25, 2011.

1. eawhitcomb

eawhitcomb Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2011
    Waukesha, WI
    I had my heart set on the Sigma 105mm macro lens for Olympus. Now I find out it is discontinued and I won't be getting one.

I like taking macro pictures and I like taking macro pictures of bugs. Not being the most quiet, graceful person I wanted the 105mm so I could keep my distance but still get great shots.

Now what? What should be my next choice for a macro lens where I can keep my distance from bugs/insects/butterflies and still get great pictures?

Thanks!

2. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    90 Tamron, 105 Micro-Nikkor, Voigt 90/3.5 Apo-Lanthar, Canon FD 100 macro... Plus all those I forgot--choice a-plenty, and all I quoted just perfect with some a bargain: this is why I skipped Leica's Apo-Elmar(it).

3. Your alternative 100-ish macro lenses will all be used, manual focus legacy lenses, so why not a used Sigma 4/3 105mm (assuming you can find one)?

4. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Voigt would be new, and I'm yet to be proven the advantages of AF or auto-aperture when shooting real macro...

PS: if above issues matter, a simple Panny 45-200 plus a couple 52mm achromats (2D, 4D) can do wonders, plus zooming convenience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.