soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 689

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Sigma could make a lot of money by bringing out a relatively small 50mm f/1.8 or similar lens. It's good to see them on board!

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I hope their m43 lenses are designed as such and not just larger format lenses with m43 mounts.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
A lens designed for SLR with a mount slapped on won't do well. However a lens designed for Sony E mount and adapted for MFT may not be so bad. Depends on the specific focal length and design.

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This is good news (hope they are AF) Sigma is a very respected optical company and don't make bad lenses. :2thumbs:

Question is where is Leica if m43 takes of in a big way they will regret it.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Question is where is Leica if m43 takes of in a big way they will regret it.

Leica's already there as much as they want to be. Panasonic and Leica already have co-branded higher-end cameras and lenses, plus Leica lenses going back to the 30s can be adapted to use on µ4/3. Given that Leica can't keep M lenses in stock for their M cameras, I don't think there's a whole bunch Leica's going to lose out by not going more deeply into µ4/3.

It's important to note that Leica's philosophy is not product model churn that so dominates the digital camera world. In the M series, they've had sixteen distinct models over 57 years. In digital Ms, three models in five years.

jcdoss

Mu-43 Regular
You know what I'd like to see Sigma do...

Make an adapter that will provide aperture and AF function for your existing Nikon and Canon lenses. If I switch from Nikon, I'd like to hang on to one or two lenses, particularly my 150 macro, but I can't control aperture with any adapter in existence today.

By the way, on a side note, I'm highly appreciative of all the nicely organized and often illustrated information on this forum. Kudos to you! The uninitiated DSLR user curious about m43 can find pretty much everything they'll need here!

panystac

Mu-43 Regular
You know what I'd like to see Sigma do...

Make an adapter that will provide aperture and AF function for your existing Nikon and Canon lenses. If I switch from Nikon, I'd like to hang on to one or two lenses, particularly my 150 macro, but I can't control aperture with any adapter in existence today.

This would be a coup if they did this.

At the moment, I use some Nikon lenses(both MF & AF) on :43:

(I have an adapter that provides aperture control on AF-S lenses)

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Leica's already there as much as they want to be. Panasonic and Leica already have co-branded higher-end cameras and lenses, plus Leica lenses going back to the 30s can be adapted to use on µ4/3. Given that Leica can't keep M lenses in stock for their M cameras, I don't think there's a whole bunch Leica's going to lose out by not going more deeply into µ4/3.

It's important to note that Leica's philosophy is not product model churn that so dominates the digital camera world. In the M series, they've had sixteen distinct models over 57 years. In digital Ms, three models in five years.

Still think Leica would benefit from a strong m43 presence they may well need it ti survive long term.
The Digital world is moving fast in sensors and optics, besides Leica is simply not the force in optics any more the German so called supremacy is over has been for decades.
Leica still has pull because of its reputation and overpriced optics.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Can you point me to a good source?

I'm on the verge of purchasing an EPL2 now, but I am having trouble finding an adapter that provides aperture control AND has good reviews or recommendations.

Thanks!

Well even tho you didn't ask me i can point you in the direction.

Novoflex adapters for all AF Nikon lenses (except G series) come with a blue ring to manually control aperture.
This is an excerpt from their site.
Novoflex - _info
The models MFT/NIK, MFT/MIN-AF, MFT/PENT, NEX/NIK, NEX/MIN-AF, NEX/PENT, NX/NIK, NX/MIN-AF, NX/PENT and EOS/NIK NT (for Nikon, Sony Alpha / Minolta AF and Pentax K lenses) are equipped with an integrated aperture control ring and can also be used with lenses that do not come with manual aperture control ring anymore.

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
.......besides Leica is simply not the force in optics any more the German so called supremacy is over has been for decades.
Leica still has pull because of its reputation and overpriced optics.

You haven't used a lot of Leica's new optics lately, have you? Too expensive, yes. But simply the best primes in the world at the moment. The current 50mm summilux is described as the best overall lens ever made. And having had a chance to use one for just a few shots, I believe them. Makes lenses like the Canon 50mm 1.2L look like a kit zoom in comparison.

Gordon

Latest threads

Top Bottom