1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Now for Something Completely Different...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BarefootPilgrim, Apr 25, 2013.

1. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    It's not u-4/3, but here's a link to an interesting Olympus camera ad. Don't think I'd want to try this with my E-M5 though. Enjoy... Dougal Wilson: Blink

2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Aaaaaargh,

I must try that with my friends GH3!!

3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Olympus TOUGH can take it...under water too!

4. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
  5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    That is Madison Avenue at it's finest. It gets the point across entertainingly.

They could have tied the camera to a motorboat propeller like a certain wristwatch of days gone by.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    That's pretty wild! :biggrin:

7. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    The joys of live tv back then:
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzH4pHqos3k&sns=em]Timex motorboat waterproof.mov - YouTube[/ame]

8. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My wife and I have gone through two of the Tough P&S series. Yeh... typical P&S quality but they are tough. First one was at the time the high end it was good. Survived years of abuse from our son... until the rear display simply gave up and stopped working. The second one was purchased when we had a bit less to spend. It was a lower end model of the tough series. My wife missed the old one.

So the 2nd one is now the one we give to our now 6 year old to shoot. Times are a bit easier and I spent a little more for a Fuji XF1 which certainly won't survive a 6 year old but is much better in terms of quality.

9. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    nice one! i was going to buy one for my 7-year old last Christmas but when I tried the store model, the glass in front of the lens came off! LOL ... i'm sure it's tougher than that based on the ad, right? ;)