Now another firmware update 2.2 for E-M1!

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
I wasn't going to bother updating my cameras for the 40-150 lens inclusion as I can't afford that lens (at this point in time), but I just noticed today (while checking on the 2.0 update date & I now notice they have brought a fix as follows:-

Ver.2.2
(Nov.20 2014)

The issue in firmware version 2.0 and 2.1 where bright points appear in some images has been resolved.

So it looks like I better update it then. *yes

Aqualung

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chris
I take it you still have your MySet settings obliterated? Have to re-code everything?

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
Thanks...I only see 2.1 on the website....which I don't have yet....where did you find 2.2?

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Soo... will I lose my settings between 1.x and 2.2? Really, desperately trying to avoid that. Took ages to get it right...

Z...

Yes, but if you print off the Menu pages from your manual you can mark off all your menu settings before hand & then don't forget to get the version 2.0 manual as well.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Soo... will I lose my settings between 1.x and 2.2? Really, desperately trying to avoid that. Took ages to get it right...

Z...

It really is worth taking the time to write down (or type in) your settings, so you have them for all time. If the camera was lost, stolen or broken and you had to get a new one it would take you a long time to remember them all. I estimate 15 minutes to write them down and 15 minutes to enter them into the camera again.

mjgraaf

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Menno
By the way, was there also an update to the manual? Quite a few options have been added with the new FW.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
It really is worth taking the time to write down (or type in) your settings, so you have them for all time. If the camera was lost, stolen or broken and you had to get a new one it would take you a long time to remember them all. I estimate 15 minutes to write them down and 15 minutes to enter them into the camera again.
Too bad there's no way to save mysets to your SD card or computer.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
anyone have examples of these "bright spots" that they are referring to?
I've only had it 2 days, but I noticed some strong highlights when photographing my dog (white nose) outside (did not go away turning down exposure)...not exactly "spots", but not sure how they are defining it. I know that wouldn't have happened with the EM5 though, so I suspect it could be some kind of highlight control. I could be wrong though.

Zee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Surry Hills, Aus/ Baguio & Manila, Philippines
Yes, but if you print off the Menu pages from your manual you can mark off all your menu settings before hand & then don't forget to get the version 2.0 manual as well.

That's time I really don't have to waste right now. Oh well, guess I'll worry about it some other time.

Too bad there's no way to save mysets to your SD card or computer.

This is th eproblem with techies. they have no idea about ease of use and user interfaces.

I highly recommend this spreadsheet from biofos.com to record your MySets. Saved me several times

http://www.biofos.com/mft/omd_em1_settings.html

Phil

That looks useful - will give that a shot once I do actually have time to waste on my camera settings again...

Z...

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
That's time I really don't have to waste right now. Oh well, guess I'll worry about it some other time.

This is th eproblem with techies. they have no idea about ease of use and user interfaces.

That looks useful - will give that a shot once I do actually have time to waste on my camera settings again...

Z...

A sleepy warm day for you? It's sure going to be a really hot one tomorrow & even less reason to bother with anything that requires any mental or physical activity, except :drinks:

Latest threads

Top Bottom