1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Novoflex MiniConnect mounts ???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by speedandstyle, May 18, 2013.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Has anybody ever tried the MiniConnect mounts from Novoflex?

Novoflex - MiniConnect

Novoflex - MiniConnect MR

I am currently looking for a smaller/lighter quick release system for my m4/3 bodies. These look good but too expensive to just experiment. If you have used them or even seen them in person please let me know what you think. Thanks!

2. speedandstyle

Anybody? Perhaps they are too new? Anybody else think they look cool?

3. HenkNL

HenkNL New to Mu-43

Oct 10, 2013
    Did you try these Novoflex quick releases ? That little 'coin' plate looks so much better than the Manfrotto 200pl-14 on my G6.

Henk

4. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    What are you changing over from? I use peak design, pretty happy with it so far. I especially like that the base plates are arca compatible which saves me an extra step.

5. HenkNL

HenkNL New to Mu-43

Oct 10, 2013
    I am not a pro but a beginner. But I already have two Manfrotto arms (Snake+Magic). Last week i bought my G6 and i bought the Manfrotto 323 plate+adapter. The plate is turned 90 degrees under the camera so the battery is accessible. But it is an ugly big thing to always have under there. That's why i am looking for a small and comfortable solution. The Novoflex is expensive but most good things are.

6. speedandstyle

I went and bought one of the Manfrotto 384 plate mounts{the smallest they make}. It is a good size for m4/3, although not quite as small as the novoflex. Still it works great and is smaller than anything else I could find.

7. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    Seattle
    Better late than never... I have a Nikon 1 V1 with the FT-1 adaptor and LOVE the MiniConnect! I leave a shoe on the camera, one on my FT-1 and I have both heads (rectangular automatic, and the round manual for my monopod) I have a Fotodiox grip on the camera and any larger shoe would not allow me to remove the FT-1 with it on. The little "coins" lock perfectly, no turning or any slippage whatsoever. I'm sure you've already moved on from this as it's already January of 2014 but I just saw your post and rarely get over here from SC. I hope this helps someone!

BruPri

• Like Like x 1
  8. speedandstyle

Thanks for the input BruPri. I am still interested in the Novoflex mount but their prices are too high for my budget. If they ever go down in price I may try it. I am also keeping an eye out for a Chinese knock-off.