Novoflex Canon FD to Micro Four Thirds Lens Adapter

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Question is why is this adapter so expensive in the first place? Even at $100 off it still looks overpriced for a basic "dumb" (no contacts, electronics, optics, etc.). What is special about this one that a basic eBay $10 FD-to-m43 adapter won't do for you?

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Claude
Question is why is this adapter so expensive in the first place? Even at $100 off it still looks overpriced for a basic "dumb" (no contacts, electronics, optics, etc.). What is special about this one that a basic eBay $10 FD-to-m43 adapter won't do for you?
From what I can see, this adaptor permits automatic operation of the aperture as in old SLRs - i.e. you focus fully open, and the aperture closes down when you take the shot.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
From what I can see, this adaptor permits automatic operation of the aperture as in old SLRs - i.e. you focus fully open, and the aperture closes down when you take the shot.
Hmmm, how would that be possible since there is no mechanical linkage from the camera body to activate such a feature? And as I said, as a (what I presume is a) dumb adapter, I don't see it having any contacts or electronics to activate such a feature from the electronic m43 communication bus. So.... :hmmm:

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Claude
Hmmm, how would that be possible since there is no mechanical linkage from the camera body to activate such a feature? And as I said, as a (what I presume is a) dumb adapter, I don't see it having any contacts or electronics to activate such a feature from the electronic m43 communication bus. So.... :hmmm:
I don't know. Haven't seen the Mu4/3 mount side - could there be some electronic contacts there?
In any case this was my interpretation of: "Moreover, automatic exposure metering via working aperture and aperture priority is supported." - but I could be wrong, and I didn't look at it in an extensive way.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I think that blurb was a really wordy and confusing way to say that with the adapter, you had manual aperture control.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom