Novoflex Adaptor

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by brutto, May 13, 2011.

1. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    I've just bought one of these German-made adaptors for my Contax 50mm f/1.4 C/Y mount lens. And, wow!

If you've ever wondered why these adaptors are so highly-priced - and I certainly did - the reasons are simple: superb quality, precision engineering and definitely no skimping on materials.

Compared to my previous generic Chinese adaptor, it is like a top line Benz vs a Trabant.
  2. travisennis

travisennis Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2010
    I wish I hadn't seen this review of yours as it may well cost me some money. :)

I've been thinking about these adapters for some time and wondering if they would be worth it. They are lot of money, but the difference in quality between my Panasonic Leica M adapter and my Fotodiox C/Y adapter is noticeable and I suspected the Novoflex would be more like the Panasonic and less like my Fotodiox. I may have to get one. My Zeiss lenses are too nice not to have a equally nice adapter for them.
  3. pictor

pictor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    I own two Novoflex adaptors, one for Canon FD and one for Leica R, and think, that one gets, what one pays for.