Novoflex 600mm lens

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by davimack, May 17, 2013.

1. davimack

davimack Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 25, 2012
    What would be the advantage (or otherwise) of using the Novoflex 600mm f8 lens vs the Oly 75-300mm lens, for shooting wildlife. Have the Novoflex system with the 600mm and 400mm and now am looking at 75-300mm Oly, and trying to decide. Have the tripod, gimball, etc. for Novoflex and yes it's heavy but as a prime, can use a Telextender. Any thoughts?

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Obviously a 600mm is twice as long as a 300mm. The 75-300mm would have AF ability so might make it easier with moving animals.

I am interested to see how well the Novoflex works with m4/3. I am tempted to get one myself.

3. davimack

davimack Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 25, 2012
    Novoflex

I have the Olympus OM-D, and have been using it with the Novoflex 600mm, which of course is 1,200mm, but find I use the 400mm only because of weight and a bad shoulder so will be parting with my 600mm, and am looking at getting the 75-300mm, as it will be more easy to use though not so powerful. I guess I bought it more as a whim in Germany earlier in the year. Silly! So now trying to get some opinions on the Olympus 75-300mm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.