Nothing but problems with LR in Windows 10!

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by So Thankful, Dec 18, 2015.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I have about had it with Adobe! I just got a new computer and it took Adobe 3 days to get Lr and Ps installed. I kept getting a message about my trial expiring and I needed to pay again. I pay monthly already.
    So yesterday they uninstalled and reinstalled all of the programs and I go to use Lr today and all I get in the Development module is a blue screen.

I am seriously thinking about going with other options.

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    If you go to Lightroom Forums, and watch the number of problems/complaints.......they are mostly coming from Win10 users. They are coming much less from users of older Win or Mac OS.

Lightroom Forums

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Have you tried enabling or disabling hardware GPU acceleration (the opposite of what it at now)?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Yes I tried that and it won't stay set.
    It started doing the "Trial expired, authenticate" issue again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5. tkbslc

That sucks, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    One question and one suggestion.

You say it took Adobe three days to install and then you mentioned that "they" reinstalled the programs. Did somebody else install your software for you?

And, if your problems persist, you could try posting at www.lightroomforums.net . This is a very helpful forum with friendly folks.

Good luck,

--Ken

7. EricRose

EricRose Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2014
    The upper 12
    Eric Rose
    Well that truly sucks. I have LR and PS CC installed on two Win 10 laptops and have had no issues. Ones a Lenovo and the other an ASUS.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Adobe tech support did the install after it failed when I did it.

9. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Did they remote in to your computer? I am not familiar with Adobe doing direct installations.

--Ken

10. ashburtononline

ashburtononline Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    New Zealand
    What is Win 10 ??? Get a Mac :)

11. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Ken,
    Yes they did a remote connection to my computer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I did not know that Adobe is offering remote assistance. Sorry to hear that they were not able to get a handle on your problem. If you still want to give it one more attempt, I would recommend the forum that I linked above.

Good luck,

--Ken

13. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Well... I "upgraded" my Windows7 to 10 on my laptop. What a mistake that was! There's nothing good about Win10 and I will never be using it on my primary pc (desktop). I'd rather switch to Xubuntu and run Win7 as a virtual machine when needed. Win10 is so bad I can't even find words for it.

And I wouldn't blame Adobe since even Microsoft's own software (e.g. Skype) keeps on crashing all the time. Awful piece of c***. It seems that Win7 will be my last Windows.

14. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

I must be the odd one out! I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 without a hiccup. I've also recently switched to an SSD and because I was downsizing from a 1TB to a 120GB SSD I had to reinstall Win 10. I did this by installing Win 7 Pro (this was the last media I'd bought) and then upgrading to Win 10 (so not a nice clean install). Before doing this I uninstalled Lightroom and Photoshop using the CC app on my old HD. Again, both apps installed seamlessly on Win 10 (well, I had a bit of pain moving by Lightroom library but that was my fault for not checking the forums first). Were the apps still active on another machine?

What still annoys me with Lightroom is their poor integration with Flickr. I really am getting sick of uploads failing and being presented with a random error message e.g. "missing colon".

• Like Like x 1
  15. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I like Windows 10. I have only had the issues with Adobe software. The Acer laptop I just bought had Windows 10 preinstalled so it is not an upgrade issue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Win 10 isn't the problem. I've done 4 upgrades now on my own computers, and had LR problems on all four! Adobe is blaming Microsoft, but I've not had a problem with any other software but Adobe. Considering the debacle with the Lightroom downgrade/upgrade of the past few months, I'm putting the blame for any problems right in Adobe's lap!

• Like Like x 1
  17. tkbslc

I was a holdout and only recently upgraded, but I love windows 10.

• Like Like x 1
  18. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Hope you don't have problems with Adobe software.

19. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I have Windows 10 and I've had problems with LR. It will open like it's being opened for the first time, and I have to go find my backup settings and replace them.

I am constantly having my computer freeze up to where nothing works. I pull the plug and restart it. When it starts up, there is always a software update that it is loading. Why can't it warn me of this in advance?

Windows 10 also installed itself without my OK, not cool.

20. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    sounds like it past time to get off the Win wagon.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1