1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nothing between lens and body ?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Pan Korop, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    How come there's still no macro extension rings (with full electric wiring) nor teleconverters for our cameras ? I wouldn't mind one for the 20/1.7 mm: a spare 40/3.5 in the jean's zippo pocket could be handy.

I remember, when a rookie photographer, having to shoot a still in studio. Having nothing better at hand, I put a no-brand (or was it Kenko?) 2X converter (and boy! were they bad in the 70's!) behind my Nikkor 2.8/45 GN (yup, the original auto-flashbulb pancake), closed down two stops, i.e. effective f/11, it turned out good enough for a sharp two-page spread.

2. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I just bought an old 25mm Oly Extention Tube for $15 on ebay. In that type of shooting, I wouldn't want "full electric wiring" anyway. I'd use M or A to get my desired DOF, and manually focus 99% of the time. So putting on an Oly OM lens instead of a m4/3 lens isn't, and wouldn't be an issue. That's just my flow though, yours may obviously differ.

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I think this is an important point : I think the reason is the manufacturers' desire to get our money outweighs their duties as purveyors of equipment to enable people to take photographs, hence the continue high prices of 20mm, EVF, MWA1 : all of which, in my opinion, are priced for what the market will stand and not in line with production costs.

4. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    You say that like it's an anomaly constrained to just m43 manufacturers... That is in fact the basic principle of all profit-making businesses, and frankly the only way most of us can have jobs to afford this stuff in the first place.

Panasonic and Olympus are companies like any other that are there to make money for their shareholders. They are not - nor do I expect them to be - a charity.

If you don't like the way the market has priced something, don't buy it. You are hardly forced into it...

5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I just grabbed the 14mm Oly extension tube for $15+$5.95 for shipping. I used a Groupon $15 ebay coupon (cost=$7.00), so it cost me $12.95 shipped.

These tubes are out there, but seem to be going up as their compatability is more known. If you don't care about the brand, they're even cheaper! Buy one, play around with it, that's half the fun!