Not technically a m4/3 owner yet

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by iso640, Jan 13, 2013.

1. iso640

iso640 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    but the camera is on its way from KEH. :)

And I'm going to have to wait a bit to use it, cause I am going all manual focus on this one (which I'm sure I'll grow tired of and break down to get a AF lens) and the lenses won't be here before the camera arrives.

I also shoot a Nikon D5100 and a Lumix LX7. I wanted something in between these two for street photography.

Anyway, when researching which camera I would get and the lenses to go with it, this forum really helped a lot, so I decided to join and to, hopefully, continue learning.
  2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    So what did you get?

Also, careful, because it's a slippery slope. I still have a place for full frame, but I'm not even considering adding a crop DSLR any more since I so rarely shoot anything that moves particularly fast...
  3. lorenzo1910

lorenzo1910 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Massa Carrara,Tuscany
    Are you talking about GAS? (Just bought an EPL1 and found myself scanning eBay for a G1 or G2 body...)

BTW I'm with iso640 here : "this forum really helped a lot, so I decided to join and to, hopefully, continue learning"...same for me!
  4. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    If you got a Gx1, you can share the viewfinder with your Lx7 :)
  5. iso640

iso640 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    I picked up a Minolta 50mm 1.7 and a Seikanon 28mm F2.8.

I'm now looking at which native lens to get. I take a lot of shots on the subway on my morning and evening commutes and I need something with a low profile and obviously AF is needed for this situation (I'm new to manual focus).

I LOVE my LX7, I think it's a great P&S but as soon as you power it on, the lens sticks out like a waving red flag. With a native prime (preferably pancake) on the GX1, I can have the camera out and snapping away without most noticing.

But of course, I'm torn as to which one to get... the 14mm, the Panny 20mm or the Oly 17mm. I've looked at the threads and the images all look acceptable to me. Eventually, I will get the Leica Panny lens but for now I'm looking for a cheaper solution, so suggestions are welcome. :)

I'm guessing the viewfinder will be a future purchase. I keep putting my LX7 up to my eye expecting something to happen and it doesn't.
  6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard from a (former) Nikon D300 shooter.

7. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!